Pumpkin Applique Towel - Both Sides!

It's pumpkin time! This adorable towel has an applique pumpkin on both sides. It's a lot easier to make than you think and you can use it right up to Thanksgiving!

This Pumpkin Applique by Grand Slam Designs is perfect for this project. The applique technique is the same as traditional methods. The only difference is that when you tack down fabric on one side, you do it on the other side too. Likewise, when you trim fabric on the front side, you trim it on the back as well. 

Baste the towel onto hooped water-soluble fabric-type stabilizer. Run the first color stop, the placement stitches for the stem.

Take the hoop off of your machine and add fabric over the stem on the front and back of the hoop.

Put the hoop back on the machine and run the next color stop, the tack-down for the stem.

Remove the hoop and trim away fabric close to the tack-down stitches on the front

and back.

Put the hoop back on the machine and run the next color stop, placement lines for the pumpkin. This design is nice in that the pumpkin is tacked down all at once and not individually for each of the pumpkin’s ridges. That means one tack and trim instead of five.

Trim the pumpkin fabric, front and back, and finish the embroidery. Remove excess stabilizer and enjoy!

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (2) -

Sewblessed - This is such a great tip! I never thought to use both sides of a towel, but it makes sense and so simple to do, just add another piece of fabric on the backside.

I really like the fact that the pieces of fabric are not tight against the fabric. I think it adds dimension to the project.

BTW - If you did not see the "Deal of the Day", here is the link.

https://www.annthegran.com/dealoftheday.aspx

I always check on the deal because something I really want/need is going to be there soon. Meaningfully saving money is great!