What's growing in your garden?

On a beautiful sunny afternoon last weekend I got to take a garden walk with my mom (red dress) .  As I am sure you can imagine, it was a pleasant way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  We were with my mom's fellow Garden Club members and in and amongst the ladies was my high school algebra teacher.  I couldn't decide if that was funny or depressing.  I decided not to consider how many things had happened to me since she was my algebra teacher. Instead I remembered how she broke her leg the day she started school and because of the nature of the fracture she had to stay home and we had a substitute teacher for about 6 mos.  I always blamed that experience on why I do not like algebra.  When I went back to school a few years ago to complete my degree, I cringed when they would not take my college algebra credits and I had to do it all over again....and to boot, this time I had to use the math function in my computer to post the probem.  If you have never done something like that take a word from the wise, "Don't!"  I think I aged 10 years trying to learn how to use that function in my computer. 

I have some great photos of my husband and grandaughter that show the Photostitch function in PE-Design.

As you can see by the photo above  flowers have a great potential in PE-Design as well.  I wanted to share these ideas with you so that all of you that have a version of PE-Design that has the Photostitch function built-in to it will take the time to learn how to use this fun feature. It really is not that hard and the new versions of PE-Design have a handy "wizard feature" that does all the work for you!  So the next time you have your digital camera out don't be afraid to take some photos of flowers and import them into PE-Design and create an original work of art!  If you have an old photo that you would like to experiment with simply scan the photo (many of today's printers have a scanning function or take the photo to photo retailer for scanning) and then import the digital form of the photo into PE-Design.  www.brothersews.com

Remember you can use PE-Design with any embroidery machine manufactured by Brother, including you PR-600 machines!  So have fun!

Well readers,  it is time for me to get back to my job and this week it entails getting everything ready to take to a photoshoot tomorrow and then continuing another big project with excel sheets that have 20,000 line items.  I am sure that none of you want to know about how to have that much fun!

Take care and have a great day!

June

Comments (2) -

June,

I can relate to your feelings when you met up with your algebra teacher. Recently we had a 40th grade school reunion and our 2nd grade teacher was there. She remembered ALL of us! We all decied that she was probably only 10 when she taught us! None of us can possibly be that old!!!

I've started taking classes at my local shop to learn how to use PE design. I'm a "show me" person when it comes to learning this stuff. I hate reading the book!

I can't wait to try out the photo stitch function.

Have fun with that spreadsheet! I don't envy you!

Rosie

junemellinger 7/27/2009 11:15:56 AM

Dear Rosie

I am so happy that you are taking classes with your local dealer in order to be the pro at PEDesign.  It is such a powerful tool..  If you have not had a chance to see Cindy Hogan's PE-Design book might find it to be the great "add on tool" for your learning and classes at your local shop.  You can find out more about Cindy's book at  http://www.cynthiasembroidery.com">www.cynthiasembroidery.com