Embrilliance: Duplicating Simple Designs

Stitching multiples of the same file? Embrilliance can help!

Embrilliance is such an easy to use design editing program. When you are stitching more than one design, it can also save you time, effort, and stabilizer by combining designs in a larger hoop.

I am working on a project that requires as many as 8 of the same blocks. This block fits in a 150 x 240 hoop and I need two of them for the project. With Embrilliance, I can stitch them both in a larger hoop.

I change the hoop size (Edit, Preferences) to 200 x 360 ad open my design. Now, you can duplicate in several ways. One, is to click on the design to select, then copy and paste. 

The other is to use Instant Repeat (also found under the Utility menu). Since only two of these designs will fit in this hoop, I choose two across and one down.

Blocks then need spaced out a bit.

Looking at the Objects panel, you will see the color stops of your two designs. Stitch sequence 1:1 and 2:1 are the placement stitch for the batting/fabric, 1:2 and 2:2 are the tack down of the batting/fabric, and 1:3 and 2:3 are the quilting stipple stitches. That translates into six separate color stops.

Looking at the Properties color tab, you see all six colors. There are duplicates. Since each color is unique to itself, that is where color sort comes into play.

After Color Sort (Utility, Color Sort), the number of color stops are cut in half. Now, each set of color stops can be stitched at the same time.

Double placement stitches,

double tack-down stitches,

and double stipple stitching.

Be sure to save your file with a new file name to preserve your original file. This technique will save you time by combining the same colors for the best efficiency.

Debbie SewBlest