I get by with a little help from my friends

Although I haven't posted in my blog for more than 10 weeks, you all have always been close to me in my thoughts and I've felt your warm collective hug. With the help of your prayers, warm thoughts, words of condolence and encouragement I've been able to somehow get through the dark days since Bill died and I lost both my heart and my champion. I'm doing okay; I have bad days and not so bad days and I'm sure it won't be long until I have a good day. I'm kept busy with all the telephone calls and paperwork that I have to go through and getting the house ready for my son who will be staying with me for a while. I try to get at least one thing done each day, and once I've done that one thing I let myself off the hook for the rest of the day.

It feels as if a simple "thank you" is not enough to express how grateful I am to all of you who have called me, sent cards or posted their condolences on line either in the forum here or in the guestbook of the funeral home or our local newspaper. Your numbers are overwhelming and I'm astonished by how many friends AnnTheGran has made all over the world during the past twelve and a half years. Your support has never been so evident or so appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (23) -

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us.  We care about you and I know Bill wants you to thrive as well.

Your philosophy,  "I try to get at least one thing done each day, and once I've done that one thing I let myself off the hook for the rest of the day."  is one we all could benefit from.

My best wishes to you and yours,

Pat

nmoore1965@msn.com 5/9/2009 8:23:17 AM

Dear Ann,

Through your web site we have come to know Bill and your family and feel his loss keenly. There are really no words that can comfort. You are one gutsy lady and we are happy to hear that you are in the process of returning to whatever is normal in your world.

Nancy in IN

All best wishes to you and yours. You will never stop missing him, but it will get easier with time. I do not actually belong to the web site, but enjoy reading the news and letters and visiting and buying embroiderys from time to time. As a Grannie, my granddaughters just love their things embroidered with pretty things, and their names.  From the United Kingdom, I send my wishes.

Jennie

Cornwall UK.

flamiemimi 5/9/2009 9:08:47 AM

Hi Ann,

It's never easy lossing your life's partner, but you have loving family and friends that will help you through these difficult times....one day at a time!   I met you & Bill through our common interest with embroidery, etc many years ago and I remembered him as being such a kind and sweet person.  He was always at your side.  We will all miss Bill.   My sympathy and condolences and remember no matter what that God always has a purpose for us.   T ake care of yourself and welcome back  to the community.

Maeme - Daytona Beach, FL

tourlady522 5/9/2009 9:25:11 AM

Hi Ann,

Glad to see you are getting back into the routine of daily living even thought it will be a slow process. I lost my first husband 35 years ago and it does take a while to get back to normal. Don't be in any rush to do things as you will be sorry later. I did and I am still sorry after all these years.

Bonnie

Ann,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Bill.  Know that many, many people love you and care about you.  You are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone who knows you.

Sincerely,

Susan

Hi Ann,

It's a beautiful photo of Bill, exactly the smile we always saw on his face!

Take it one day at a time. Hopefully time will "fly" again soon. We will have some good days together in September, traveling in Holland and Denmark! Lots of people are waiting here to give you a warm "huggy" welcome!

Talk to you soon,

Loes and Theo

I am so glad to hear that you are starting to see a little light day by day.  Rest assured that the community is behind you all the way.  We have missed hearing from you week by week, but know in time, little by little, your routine will get easier.  Our thoughts continue to be with you. Take care and welcome back.

Linda

Ann, I can't tell you how many people have asked me about how you're doing since Bill passed. Thanks for the "public" update. The overwhelming response hasn't surprised me in the least - you are a special person who has touched and inspired many people.

BB

when my Dad passed over in 1961, my Mom received this poem, I've keppt a copy of it all these years:

"What mean you by this weeping to break my very heart? We both are in Christ's keeping, and therefore cannot part.

"You there, I here, though parted, we still at heart are one; I only just in sunshine, the shadow scarcely gone.

"What though the clouds surround you, you can the brightness see, tis only a little way, that leads from you to me.

"I was so very weary, surely you would not mourn, that I a little sooner should lay my burden down.

"Then weep not, weep not, Darling, God wipes away all tears; tis only a little way, though you may call it years." --Anonymous

Hope this helps a little bit,

Jeanne McDonald

As time passes and your heart has time to heal, my your fond memories of Bill bring you strength.  In the meantime, you have many family, friends, and supporters who are lending you theirs.  You certainly have mine.

Ann: I have not been on this site for a very long time. When I came on today and read that you had lost Bill I was so very sorry for you. I loved hearing about your trips together and all the good times couples should have.

My family and I send our condolences. You are right to take one day at a time.  I work for a lawyer and have seen many people lose their loved ones. Some have tried to rush the grieving process. It does not work.

if ever you need anything, all your friends here would be more than happy to come to your aid.

cme

Ann I am so sorry that you lost your beloved, but you are just parted for a while, you will catch glances of him and chat with him along the way. He is just a breath away. Dont be in a hurry to get part your grief instead let it heal your heart. May God of all love bless you and keep you. Linda Brooksville Fl.

Ann, I am praying for you as you walk the road alone now. But knowing that God will be with you.  You have encouraged me in my sewing so much. and I thank you for that.  I loved the picture and know that it must bring you some comfort to share it with us. Thanks again for who are and all you do for all of us that enjoy sewing.

Ann, it will get easier but somehow it never gets better.  I still miss my bestfriend and soulmate after 12 years.  When you are with one person for so long they are part of you and believe me when I tell you they are still part of you.  I believe the best part.

Marge

Ann, I have not experienced the loss of a loved one; still, my heart goes out to you at this time.  Please know that Bill will always be with you in spirit and he awaits the time when you and he are together again.  Meantime, know that your friends on earth care about you and pray for you in your time of grief.

Miss Trilby

Thank you, Ann, just for being YOU.  You have done so very much for the ME community.  Please know that we are all thankful to have you.

Your approach to doing just one thing a day is an inspiration that I will tuck away, hoping I will never need it.

Thank you again,

LaRue Jones

I have been rereading all these loving thoughts.

You are blessed and loved because of all the work you have done over the years.

You are an inspiration to all of us.  Bill is very proud of you too.

Pat

Ann

you and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.  You have given so much to all of us MEers.  I wish we could give back as much.  Just know we care.

Marsha

I have been to your site many times.  Now I am taking the time to do some reading.  I am sorry for your loss.  I too have a soul mate that I just can't imagine being without but remember that our heavenly savior is with you each step of the way.  I know every place you look you see a part of Bill.  My husbad does so many hand made projects around our house that he is everywhere.  He even built a bird feeder outside my sewing/embroidery room that the squirels are trying to invade.  You just have to keep on keeping on.  The Lord will be with you every step of the way.

Angie Williams in TN

dreamstitcher2 5/16/2009 4:22:17 PM

Ann,

Bless you for all the wonderful help and guidance you have given to others over the years. Now, it comes back to you in this time of grief, and loss. Bill is not far away. He is in your thoughts, and all around you. He is in your heart. Time will change how you see things around you, but it's true- the pain of losing a loved one will always be there. You will eventually be able to see the light beyond the pain, but for now, one day at a time is a good way to deal with it. It's a very hard thing to do, but we keep on going. You have a community that you and Bill built up together, with a vision that reached out to a whole world! He supported you, and cheered you on to do the wonderful things you are doing! He is with you in spirit, and we all will continue to be supportive and cheer you on! We can't fill his shoes, but we can help to give you a little sunshine each day!

Thank you, Ann, for sharing with us, your family, your life, your hobbies, and passions...and your great love with Bill. We will always treasure this gift you have given to the world. We honor you and Bill, and send our condolences on his passing.

With much love,

Dawn Winn

Glad to see that you are able to become busy again. Sorry to hear about your loss. That is such a wonderful picture of Bill. God Bless From Kansas

Ann, Everytime I get an email from Ann The Gran I have thought of you and wondering how you are doing.  Just keep on going and the days will get better!  

From your fellow Seminole and Florida Hall,

Love and prayers,

Glenda