Need Christmas Ideas? Here are Some of My Favorite Things!

If everyone is asking you what you want for Christmas, these favorites may make the list!

I only like to recommend items that I have actually used (and actually like). Here are just a few, in no particular order.

Wool Pressing Mat

This is a game changer. Pressing fabrics and embroidery on wool pressing mats cuts your ironing time in half. It is like pressing from both sides because the wool holds heat.

Scissors

Two of my favorites come from Gingher. The double curved 4-inch scissors are ideal for snipping threads in the hoop and for trimming threads after embroidery. They cut close and work quite well even when cutting in the hoop while it is still on the machine.

For applique, nothing beats Knife Edge Applique Scissors. They trim applique close to the tack-down stitches with ease.

Pickle Pie Designs has a cute pair with pink handles. Although I have never tried them, they should work much the same.

Another pair of which I am rather fond is the Razor Edge from Fiskars. The angle makes it ideal for cutting stabilizer right off of the roll.

Hoop Mat

The next two items also share the same manufacturer, Designs in Machine Embroidery, otherwise known as DIME. One is the Hoop Mat. This silicone mat keeps the hoop from sliding around when you are trying to hoop your embroidery projects. I have also found it a helpful centering tool while you are hooping.

Magnetic Hoop

My second DIME favorite is the Snap Hoop Monster. It makes so many embroidery projects so much easier to manage, especially when quilting in the hoop or embroidering on other bulky items, like towels. It comes in multiple sizes for most brands of machine.

Embrilliance Software

Embrilliance is a wonderful software with an easy learning curve and lots of online training resources. Modules are stand-alone units and can be purchased individually as your skills grow. At the very least, Thumbnailer shows an icon of your embroidery design without having to open the file.

What are some of your favorites?

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (2) -

cdickman2522 11/14/2020 6:48:19 PM

May I please ask the name of that quilt block you are pressing on the wool pressing mat above.

Thank you so much

May I add, when someone asks a question or makes a comment, it makes the world a brighter place.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer