Embroider Out of the Box with Willow Creations

Willow Creations designs are on sale for half-off this month. Here are some ideas for embroidery projects that are not the usual!

­­Add an Embellishment

The Love Sunflower design is lovely as is and would look pretty stitched on a dish towel. Consider replacing the sunflower with a silk flower or button flower and popping the design in a frame instead.

Make a Feltie

Consider stitching a satin-edged design like Pumpkin Sunflowers on a good quality felt, then trim a quarter-inch away from the outline for a no-fuss finish.

Cork Coasters

Fall Apple would be lovely stitched on cork and trimmed close to the edge. It would make a thoughtful teacher appreciation gift. You could also add a magnet to the back instead.

Christmas Ornaments

Stitching Christmas Tree Mandala on felt or cork would make a stylish tree ornament. When embroidery is finished, just glue on a backing, trim around the edges, and add a hanger. Stitching with metallic thread adds additional impact.

Gift Tags

Circle Floral Frame would make a lovely gift tag. Just add a monogram, then attach a backing and trim around the edges.

Beads & Crystals

Instead of stitching the red berries of the Joy to the World design, skip that color and add red beads or sparkly red crystals.

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (1) -

terisunburnish01 8/28/2021 11:30:50 AM

I really enjoy reading you tutorials and you give me a lot of excellent ideas like double threading the machine which I never thought I could do thank you so much for all your words of inspiration and designs