Summer is super busy with African Folklore Embroidery

It was such an honor being invited by the South African consulate to exhibit my art-quilt, BEADED AFRICAN VILLAGE, for the hosting of the final game of the world cup soccer.  I got to meet and spent time with the delightful Vice Consul general as well as other African consulate members who were thrilled with the lectures, workshops and classes that are taking place to educate people about South Africa through the fiber and needle art, African Folklore Embroidery.

July is a busy month for quilt, craft and beads trade shows and African Folklore Embroidery will be a vendor at the International Quilt show in Long Beach, July 22-July 25th at the Long Beach Convention Center.

Over 500 vendors and hundreds of quilts will be on display. Last year over twenty-five thousand people attended the show, hosted by the same company that sponsor the Houston Quilt show in the fall.

A few days later I will be teaching and vending at the Pasadena Bead and design show at the Pasadena Hilton. https://www.pasadenabeadanddesignshow.comTwo new classes we will be offering are at the Pasadena Bead & Design Show are – Beaded Safari through African Folklore Embroidery and the second class, Appliqué and Embellishment with African Folklore Embroidery.

For those visiting California during the summer, these shows are creative, exciting and inspiring. 

If you do attend these shows, our booth number is 1729 and we are offering a 15% discount off when you spend $30 or more.

For those not able to attend these wonderful shows, you can receive the same discounted offer by placing an order on AnntheGran.com between July 26th-July 29th . African Folklore Embroidery kits are  perfect to take-along with you where ever you go, easy to follow and no experience is necessary. Completed craft kits can be made into purses, pillows, quilts or wearable art. You DO NOT need a hoop and your stitches do not need to be perfect to make this beautiful!

Wishing you a safe, happy and creative summer, Leora Raikin