The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Curiosity Depends on What You Already Know and a freebie . . .

This is an excerpt from an article on the Net that really caught my attention (I do recommend reading it very highly!). We all remember being told “you don’t know what you don’t know.”  I agree with that, but the curious statement takes that thought just one step further. 

When it comes to machine embroidery, we get the opportunity to be more and more curious and embroidery becomes a real hands on challenge for most of us (well, me).  I know enough about embroidery to be dangerous, so I keep my recall of what I do know and advance that to something I will need to know. 

As I have noted before, I don’t claim to be an expert.  Frankly, nearly anyone can call themselves ‘expert’ without any credentials or specific guidelines because there are none.  So, when you see “tips, tricks, methods, techniques and procedures” recognize that there could well be an easier, better or more simple approach to an embroidery issue.  Even if you have read these blogs before, rereading is great refreshing and you may find something new just the same.  I reread my own blogs and frankly, I find my ideas give me new recall too.  Review your own notes; occasionally you find that you won’t know what you originally meant and need to research something. So, keeping that in mind, these are some things that could be very important to you tomorrow or later – one never knows when your sharpened saw may come in very handy.

• (My Favorite!!) The Ooops event.  Everyone has this at one time or another.  The fabric slips out of the hoop.  It really is my favorite because I figured it out myself and have not seen a better method. 

• This one is even older than the first one, but just as helpful.  Keeping and reviewing magazines and books.  Review and answers to so much.  Unless you do embroidery professionally (even they cannot remember everything), you want things that are on the tip of your tongue attempting to remember. 

• Here is one from Debbie at SewBlest.  She demonstrates different stabilizers on the same appliqué project. It is true, one picture is worth a thousand words.

•  If you are not familiar with Candle wicking (if you did not already know that term, how would you look it up on the Net???), here is my take on it.  This stitch could possibly be older than dirt, I don’t know when it came into being.

Above is the one I did for the blog.  Below is a freebie that is in the free designs already on the site, click on the picture to go to the link.  This is in addition to your freebie with this blog!!  Two fer the price of one = $0.00.

ADORABLE for baby items!!

Here is the Freebie for this time, it is the statement "Live well, laugh often, love much"  

Live.zip (110.3KB)

Comments (2) -

I just joined the community and am loving every minute of it. Can't seem to get off the computer for reading, downloading, and reading more!!! This is sooo wonderful! Thanks for all this and the design kudo's. OMG  Downloaded a few and am heading into the sewing room to try them out. Ha ha. I feel like a little kid in a huge candy store! Even laughed out loud, uh oh, my husband is kicking me out of the computer.  But I will be back to read some more.  I've only been in here an hour or so.  Thanks again.  RhonAGran  

Welcome to you, RhonAGran!!

You are going to find so many tips and tricks that you will need to create a folder for them. Copy and keep what you find most interesting. Keep the others as well, they will come in handy at one time or another.

Thank you for appreciating the work of the Bloggers.

May you be blessed in ways you have not yet imagined.  

Pat