The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Are the Holidays Over? - Already?? My Freebie is for scarf loving people.

Well, it is 1/3/22 as I am writing this, so I can say, at my house, the holidays are OVER! It was a very pleasant time but very cold here in Arizona. It must have been down around 50 degrees some days! 
During the holidays, many of us checked for hints and likely used some of them for metallic threads. 
My feeling is that a little glamour and glitz is a year-round activity. Don't hide your 'treasurers,' if you enjoy an item such as a special necklace, put it on, perhaps, once per week. 
If you hear "where are you going all dressed up?" you will know that you need to wear memorable things more often! You don't have to wear it daily to get pleasure from it. You will feel sensational because you deserve admiring looks. 

So, to doll up your cloths or decor, here are tips for using metallic threads and the needles that work well with them, in no particular order:

• Make sure you are using a metallic needle. The metallic needle has a larger hole for the thread to travel through. It is a mystery to me why the hole in any needle is so very small. I often use metallic needles for everyday use. *** pix of needles 
  • While we are on the subject of needles, changing your needle is a good idea for this thread. If the needle is dull, it will likely punch a hold that is not 'clear cut.' A sharp needle uses edge geometry to make an opening while a dull needle uses force. A sharp needle will often glide through materials without much effort. A dull needle is clumsier and less thread-friendly. The sharp will make a well-defined opening, the dull will create a jagged opening for the thread. You could sharpen your sewing machine needles using the strawberry emery cloth that comes with the tomato pin cushion. Dritz does make the classic cushion with the emery.
  • Give your metallic thread room to breathe. I've been blogging since 5/2005 and have seen dozens of ideas to handle it just before it goes into the machine. By all means, the best of the best is that of John Deers
  • Slow down your machine. Just because it can go 1,000 spm (stitches per minute) does not mean you must use the highest speed. Some of the broken threads, regardless of which type, can fall prey to the speed. 

I LOVE A BARGAIN! Needles of different sizes and types are available right here for $.40 (40 cents) each! 
Here are some of the benefits of this collection of excellent tools: 
  • Always have the right needle on hand.
  • Fits all popular embroidery machines including multi-needle models.
  • This amazing pack is a great value and will help improve your embroidery quality.
  • All are Chrome plated for long-lasting durability and smooth performance.
Your Pack Includes : 
  • 20 x B3511 – EBBR SES Light BallPoint Size 75/11 Needles:
    Perfect for general-purpose embroidery on all knits fabrics and some woven materials. This includes onesies, plush materials, golf shirts, t-shirt, and sweatshirts. Also suitable for oxford and apparel weight fabrics that are not densely woven and fabrics with floating yarns such as satin and charmeuse.

• 10 x Flat Shank SES Light Ball Point Size 65/9:
    This small footprint needle glides easily between the fine yarns in lightweight knits such as moisture-wicking materials and other knits made with lightweight yarn. Also the proper needle for use with fine lightweight threads like size 60 with knit materials.

• 10 x B3513 - EBBR SES Light BallPoint Size 85/13 Needles:
    This heavier blade size is ideal for heavier knits and heavier yarns. Examples for use of this needle include towels, yarn-type threads on most fabrics, and leather or leather-like materials.

• 10 x B3514 - EBBR SES Light BallPoint Size 90/14 Needles:
    Suitable for heavier fabrics and threads when a sharp point is not desirable, such as heavyweight knits. 

• 20 x B3411 – EBBR Sharp Point Size 75/11 Needles:
    Not for knits- rather for lightweight woven fabrics including quilting cottons and densely woven synthetic fabrics such as nylon and polyester. Ideal for windbreakers, pillows, hankies, and waterproof materials.

• 10 x Flat Shank Sharp Point Size 65/9:
    The slender blade and point of this needle helps reduce puckering on tightly woven materials including organza, batiste, and similar materials made from lightweight yarn. Also the proper needle for use with fine lightweight threads like size 60 with woven materials.

• 10x B3413 – EBBR Sharp Point Size 85/13 Needles:
    This needle is ideal for canvas, jackets, caps webbing, and other heavyweight woven materials.

• 10x B3414 – EBBR Sharp Point Size 90/14 Needles:
    Use this needle when embroidering on a heavyweight woven material, webbing, and finished caps.

After my research on needles, I do have this YouTube presentation from Deborah Jones. Her background gives her insight that she shares with us! 

For this Freebie, I selected this design. 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you learned a little about needles. Regardless of the brand of needle you use, be sure to read about your purchase from the Vendor, there could be interesting information there.