The ONE Thing You Must Do Right After Christmas

As makers, Christmas is typically an embroidery, sewing, and baking marathon. If your sewing room looks like mine, you know exactly what I mean. 

I learned the hard way that organizing my creative space after the Christmas is number one on my list of things to do in the new year. Since I did not do this last year, I spent an entire year searching for things that would otherwise be right where I placed them.

I don't know about you, but I have little time to waste on such nonsense. Few things are more aggravating than spending more time looking for what you need for a project than the project actually takes to make.

It also makes it difficult to determine your inventory of thread, needles, stabilizer, etc. You may think you have what you need but after spending a half-hour looking, you find out that you don't. When you are in the zone at 11:30 p.m., that is not the time to find out that your red thread ran out and you either do not have a replacement or can't find the extra spool that you know that you have.

I'm not talking about a deep cleaning, although that is productive any time. What is essential is that your fabrics are where they belong, your threads are organized in their respective places, and stabilizers are in their home. Maybe even more important are making sure that all of your tools are put away: hoops, scissors, notions, needles, pins, etc.

Having everything in its place assures that you will be spending your creative time more efficiently, and enjoying it much more!

Wishing you a happy, safe, and productive new year!

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (1) -

If I were more organized, I not only would save time but also the frustration that comes along with disorganization.
Taking time for being orderly is the best thing you can do for your own well-being.
So, instead of exercising, I think I will organize. That's my plan and I will stick to it for 4 or 5 days. LOL
Pat, The Avid Embroiderer