Growing Your Business

Hi again. Well it has been a great week!   Thank you for all your questions and energetic comments regarding frames.  The response has been so overwhelming that we have put together a Webinar regarding frames, their Uses and were to get them.   Join me as I present "Hooping the Impossible  into Profits" on Monday October 12th at 3:00pm EDT.

Sign up at (https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/377317768 ) and email me if I can help with any questions that might help you grow your business with frames.

Today I want to talk about how we make our businesses grow.  My family has been in the embroidery industry for almost 30 years.  In that time so many things have changed.

One of the big ones is how you reach out to your existing customers and how you bring new customers to your business.  Word-of-mouth has always been one of the best and least expensive available.  How do you get word-of-mouth business?  You ask.  By being personable with your customers, getting to know them and developing a rapport.  Building that kind of relationship is just as important as quality of service and excellent product.   Ask yourself, when people talk about my company do I want them to say, "they are the cheapest in town and their quality is ok"?  Or "the price is right and the quality isn't bad"?   How about, "the quality is unmatched and they are great people to work with, give them a call"?

Build your company as a brand name known for quality and friendly, professional service.  My families' embroidery business prices are fair but higher than most companies in our area.  The philosophy is simple.  If your company grosses 100k a year for example and you net 30k.  A competitor might have lower pricing than you and gross 200k per year with a net of 35k.  Which do you want to be?  I want to work less for the money I make. Bottom line is you need to look at the big picture.  Build your business with customers that want quality and great service. You will find more loyalty and faster payment from building a business with these types of relationships and that statement comes from almost 30 years of experience.

Now, how do we get those customers in today's market environment?  I am glad you asked.

Remember when I said that to be successful you need an edge.   Here is where you find your edge.   Stay in front of your customers with newsletters, email, mail and fax specials weekly, monthly or seasonally.  Build a data base with your customers contact information and use it to keep your company name in front of your customers. The goal is not to sell at the exact moment you contact the customer.  But, instead to be the first thought on their mind when they need something.  That gives you the edge. 

I will be sponsoring another Webinar that shows you on-line technologies for your business and ideas on how to implement those tools easily too grow your business. 

Join me for a free "How to Grow in Today's Market" Webinar on Tuesday October 13th at 3:00 pm EDT for a one hour seminar where I will share some secrets of how we created our success stories.  Sign up at (https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/325690064)

I look forward to seeing you there.  As always, let's find the edge together and have fun doing it.  ‘Till next time, this is Scott from Scott's corner.

Comments (1) -

How do you access the first Webinar