Embroider Nostalgia with Farmhouse Sentiments by dime

It’ s National Embroidery Month! Have you seen the new Farmhouse Sentiments  collection by Designs in Machine Embroidery (dime)? You will have lots of ideas after I show you some of the fabulous projects from the dime and Baby Lock blog tour.  

Farmhouse Sentiments  is a very innovative concept for machine embroiderers. It combines the best of both fabric and embroidery designs. The initial idea is to quilt and stitch, then wrap it around a mounted canvas for easy hanging.

The kit comes with two fabric panels that finish up as 12”x16”, Grateful and Gathering Place.

It also has six embroidery designs in all of the traditional formats. You can use them in a number of ways in addition to four wood grain quilting designs.

Deanna Springer and the creative team at Nancy Zieman Productions created a Grateful wall hanging.

Milinda Stephenson of Milinda Sews made a pillow from her Grateful panel.

Cathy Sundermann of Stich Fork Designs used juxtaposition, red linen and pearls, burlap, and a bike rim to make her Gathering project, what she calls, a little a little bit country, a little bit rock 'n roll.

Stitching Sister Marie Zinno used her Baby Lock Enterprise to add an oval border. Built-in machine designs accented her Gathering panel.

Michelle Umlauf used her Baby Lock Solaris to create this beauty. The machine scans allowed her to place the heart over the printed wording and stitch new wording on top. It also stitched the beautiful border on plain black fabric.

Karen Parker oThreadhead and Co. LLC stitched up both panels. She was able to audition the fabrics before using  them in Palette 11 digitizing software.

Colleen Bell, The Embroiderist, made an adorable menu board. One side was the Gathering panel and the menu side was stitched on chalkboard fabric.

This project works especially well when using a Snap Hoop Monster.

Have ideas? Buy Farmhouse Sentiments now!  Next time, I will show you my version.

Debbie SewBlest