How I Embroider on a Dish Towel By Bonnie Abbott

1: Select the design you want to use from your files on the computer and copy it onto a USB stick.  And place the USB into the embroidery Machine.

Some people may have a card reader and if so you add the design to the card and insert the card into your machine.

2: Choose your thread colors and thread it into the machine. 

3: Place water soluble stabilizer into the correct hoop size for the design chosen.

4: Fold towel to get the center line and then center the bottom of the towel 1 inch down from the bottom of the hoop and make sure it is all centered. I spray the stabilizer, so the towel will stay where I want it then I add a piece of water-soluble stabilizer on top of the towel and pin or baste it in place.

5: Place your hoop in the machine and press start to embroider your design.

6. When the design is finished remove from the hoop and trim away as much of the stabilizer as possible.

I usually wash my towels after to remove the rest of the stabilizer, but you could just use a damp sponge or cloth on top till it is dissolved.

That’s it! You have a finished embroidered dish towel.

My Towel was from the Dollar Store and the design is a free design from AnntheGran 

The Badgemaster - Water Soluble Film Stabilizer - click here to view product.

Comments (3) -

I use the 'pin' method on my designs rather frequently. It gives me a change to see the placement. Accurate placement is very important.

When you have lines, like the above project, it becomes very visible if you are off center.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Hi Bonnie,
Good article. Am I right in seeing that you only use water soluble stabiliser for both top and bottom.
No tear away or anything underneath?

tourlady522 8/2/2021 10:12:11 PM

Hi pjkirk2,
Yes I only use water soluble stabilizer for my towels. I don't like to use a tear away stabilizer because I can never get it all out even after washing and I would not sell something I am not happy with.
I hope this helps.

Bonnie