This weekend kicks off summer’s official start. That makes it the perfect time to embroider some towels to take along to the pool or the beach.
These designs will work well for adults and kids and they are on sale, so you can create a custom towel for everyone!
Drink in My Hand
Tips for embroidering on towels:
- Buy a quality towel. Wash and dry it before embroidery.
- Use polyester thread. It will hold up better around chlorine.
- Hoop sticky Vilene and float the towel on the stabilizer.
- Baste the towel in the hoop to help hold it in place.
- Use a topper
over the towel where the design will stitch.
- Use the same color bobbin thread so the back looks nice.
- Choose embroidery designs, like those above, with plenty of fill stitching.
Open designs will allow towel loops to pop through.
designs work well as they have underlay stitches built in that flatten the nap of the towel around the design.
- When done embroidering, trim away as much water soluble
stabilizer as possible and launder to remove the rest.