The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Water, it is older than dirt! Your Freebie knows about water.

While watching the news, I saw the drought in California is causing many issues. We all take water for granted, turn the here it comes, flush a toilet, no problem, wash my hair, easy-peasy. 
When I lived in CA, there was always a discussion of conserving water. But it is much worse now. I remember in the 1960s everyone put a brick in their toilets to displace water. It worked. I have done my water tip for years, but this is the first time I have ever calculated its savings.

When I need hot water, I have always placed a container to catch the cold as it turns toward hot. Today, I measured that cold water and was surprised to see it was 48 ounces. If I only do that once daily, the annual measurement is 137 gallons, just for me! The container is used to water my plants, drink (container to the refrigerator), clean and so much more. 

Check this link for 21 ideas for saving water: https://bit.ly/atgsaveh2o

It certainly is easier than saving money, losing weight, and breaking other bad habits. Please consider it for yourself, your family, & friends. Water has been with us since the dawn of time, and we need to respect it. 

If you have a water conservation idea, please share it in the comments. This is one issue we can all get behind. 

I appreciate your interest in my Blog (OK, the Freebie) and I hope you enjoy my work. It is special to have each of you as readers & friends.

Comments (2) -

With the pandemic and people working from home, I imagine many folks are showering less often and thus saving water. Or maybe it’s just my husband being a bit lazy?? His Zoom calls don’t require him to smell nice (woe is me!). 😜

Daisy, at least there is a positive for the virus. You have a great sense of humor!
Pat, The Avid Embroiderer
(The "Notify me when new comments are added" is not working. I will check into it.