Embroidered Notebook Covers

Make this from this    and this! It is almost back-to-school time and this embroidered notebook cover is a quick and easy project using a standard 50-cent composition book. It takes about a half-yard of fabric, or two fat quarters, and a few scraps for the applique. Best of all, you c... [More]

Simple Casserole Carrier

These casserole carriers are simple to make and are perfect for upcoming pot luck gatherings.  You can make them different by using an assortment of fabrics (maybe from your “stash”) and embroidery designs. Materials: 2 pieces o... [More]

All Tear-Away is Not Created Equal

There are differences in tear-away stabilizer besides their weight. I find that most embroiderers are very familiar with "firm" or "crisp" tear-away. But a wonderfully supportive tear-away is "soft" tear-away. Crisp or firm tear-away is made fr... [More]

Cutwork Poinsettia Napkin or Basket Liner

Cutwork is so very elegant, and it looks much more difficult than it really is. This project creates a holiday napkin or a gift basket liner or dinner roll cover. The poinsettia is part of the Christmas Cutwork Encore embroidery collection by Dakota Collectibles and it is available from Ann the... [More]

Keeping It Simple - Pillows with Flapped Edges

Our girls love to read.  So much that our daughter is making a special reading nook out of a closet in her schoolroom area.  The seven year old, who always wants to add her thoughts to a project brought me a picture.  The pillow had these different,  flapped edges and she asked i... [More]

Celebrate Christmas in July

We’ve just passed the halfway mark of the year, so it is time to get a jump start on your holiday projects. Whether you like to create to give or make things to decorate your home, this Christmas Tray is sure to please. Featuring the Baby Lock Enterprise 10-needle embroidery machine, our ... [More]

Hooping T-Shirts for Embroidery

Hooping and embroidering garments that don't open down the front, such as T-shirts and sweatshirts, can be challenging. Even when you get them hooped, it can be hard to get them on and off the machine. Watch this video for tips on how to do this more easily and take at least half the work ... [More]

How To Embroider Those Adorable Stuff Animals!

Following are the instructions for embroidering these cuties!  You'll need the following: Embroiderable Cubbie of your choice Temporary Adhesive Spray Water Soluble Stablizer Medium Weight Tearaway Stabilizer       CHECK OUT ALL CUTE CUBBIES AVAILABLE HERE

Holding the Tough-to-Embroider Items

If you think that you can't embroider items that you can't get into a hoop, or hold with self-adhesive stabilizer, think again. There's another method that will let you hold big, bulky items under the embroidery needle. I embroidered this tote bag on my single-needle home embroide... [More]

Sewing Box Hero

As a Quilter and Sewer I know how important it is to find products that make my projects better and easier without blowing my budget or potentially damaging my work by using something complicated or harsh on fabrics.  It is a balancing act when shopping for supplies, tools, and accessories ... [More]

10 Household Tools for the Machine Embroiderer Part 2

By Eileen Roche We received such a positive response from my recent blog: 12 Household Tools for the Machine Embroiderer that I decided to revisit this subject. JoAnn Connolly of Garden of Daisies Embroidery thinks craft foam and a cardboard carton are great reusable items ... [More]

Keeping It Simple - Keeping Track of the Camera Lens Cover (and more)

My daughters and I love to take pictures.   With digital cameras  we take lots and lots.  However with three little ones almost always in tow one big problem I now encounter is keeping  track of the lens cover.  And Andrea is always looking for hers, digging i... [More]

Caring for Antique Linens

Beautiful embroidery goes hand in hand with beautiful linen, and this is the perfect time of year to find antique linens at flea markets, estate sales, and yard sales. There’s nothing like the feel of antique linen. It could be that it’s pure nostalgia. More likely, it is because it is ... [More]

12 Household Tools for the Machine Embroiderer

By Eileen Roche We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with you, which was originally posted on Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog Digital Camera– best design tool in the house (besides pencil and paper). I use a digital ca... [More]

Embroidery Advisor Presents : Traveling Made Easy

Vacations & traveling can be fun!  What isn’t so fun is all the hoops you have to jump thru to get to your destination though.  With all the heightened security since 9/11, going thru airport security can be an adventure. Making sure everything in your luggage complies with all... [More]

Crazy Patch Heart

A couple of blogs ago, I wrote about crazy quilt stitches. Now, we'll put them to use making a basic [More]

Amazing Lace Bowl from a Doily

Untitled Document When is a doily not a doily? When you make it into a bowl! Start with the Lace Doily collection from Dakota Collectibles. https://www.annthegran.com/Product.aspx?t=1&i=42329 First, create the butterfly doily shown here as a bowl. It's pretty neat the way this in-the... [More]
AnnTheGran Community Circle in Orlando - A Few More Hints

AnnTheGran Community Circle in Orlando - A Few More Hints

Downtown OrlandoOK, gals, mark your calendars today – April 3rd and 4th – less than 9 weeks away. It’s time to get together and re-energize our passion for embroidery at the first annual AnnTheGran Community Circle retreat. I love sunny Orlando and we’ll spend two whole days exploring innovative techniques, inspirational tips and the latest and greatest in the world of embroidery.

Now, here’s the plan:

On Thursday:

- To kick off the fun, we’ll all gather for a continental breakfast and coffee. I’ll tell you some of my stories. We’ll have some laughs and rev up for the day.
- Then it’s off to morning seminars. Of course you’ll see me and I’ve invited embroidery expert and educator, Eileen Roche, to share her knowledge and inspiration with you as well.
- At lunchtime you’re on your own. You can visit the area restaurants and then do a little shopping in our AnnTheGran travelling store.
- Afternoon seminars will be packed with more project ideas, and “how-to” techniques and tips to take back home.
- Then we’re planning a dinner and evening of more fun with Eileen and myself.

On Friday

- We’ll do breakfast again, I'll walk you through my new site and, if you're not afraid of cracking the lens on your camera, you can have a photo taken with me if you like
- We’ll share more enthusiastic morning seminars with Eileen and me.
- Lunch same as on Thursday.
- Then we’ll wrap it up with more information packed seminars.

Now, here are a few of the details:

-You get to attend all the seminars and breakfast with me both days for only $129.00.
-And you won’t want to miss a great dinner and an evening with Eileen and me – Your choice whether or not to attend, but a great bargain for $30.00
-While at the retreat you’ll get a stuffed goodie bag including samples of some of our products, but in addition a one year membership to Ann’s Club worth $60.00 and AnnTheGran Essentials Embroidery Design CD valued at $199.
- When you register you’ll be entered into a drawing for some fantastic prizes.

More on how to register, how to get your hotel room (if you need one), and details on the seminars will be coming your way very very soon. But remember to put a big X on your calendar for April 3rd and 4th now and make plans to join us. We’ve got lots of new ideas, creative techniques and innovative embroidery processes to share.

Hope to see you in Orlando!

Best Wishes,

Ann

Comments (5) -

I would love to go to your Orlando party.  I live in AZ, a bit away, so need info soonest on location so I can find a place to park my small RV.

Or better yet, will you being doing this on the West side of the US?

Doris Faircloth

hammockhanger 2/20/2008 2:15:18 PM

Could be looking for a roomate to share with if the rooms are expensive...

Thanks for your interest, Doris. As for a West Coast swing, let's see how this one goes first!

eleanoretremble 2/26/2008 12:05:25 PM

Have my plane ticket and hotel reservation.  Really looking forward to attending.  I assume the seminar will be held at the same hotel.

donnalynn5 1/8/2009 4:21:52 AM

I am still anxiously waiting for all the details forr this years community circle:  Mar.27-29 2009.  All I can find is info regarding April 2008.  Please send me some info asap to:  dlcarroll5@bellsouth.net

Thank you!

donnalynn