Great Gifts for Machine Embroiderers

It’s not hard to get the perfect gift for yourself or your embroidery friends. Here are a few of my favorites!

Thread

How about an assortment of wonderful thread kits? Try something new. A variety of brands are available from Madeira, Robison Anton, Aurifil USA, Isacord, Jenny Haskins, and Exquisite. Everyone who embroiders can use thread.

Magnetic Hoops

One of my all-time favorites is the Snap Hoop Monster from Dime. It is a game changer for standard machine embroidery as well as in-the-hoop projects and quilting in the hoop.

Hoop Mat

Hooping is one of the least favorite parts of machine embroidery but the Hoop Mat, also by Dime, is another game changer. It helps not only with keeping the hoop from sliding but also helps with alignment.

Scissors

Scissors make embroidery so much easier. Gingher Double Curved Scissors allow you to trim thread easily in the hoop while Gingher Knife Edge Applique scissors are perfect for applique in the hoop. You don’t know just how nice an electric Stitch Ripper is until you need one. They have saved more than one of my projects.

SewTites

I am finding more and more uses for the SewTites magnets. They work especially well to hold items that you can’t hoop normally like stuffed animals, cards, aprons, and other ITH projects. They also work nicely with things you would normally pin in place like toppers. Check out a video here.

eGift Cards

ATG eGift cards fit all and can be purchased for any occasion. Choose one of six card designs and add amounts from $25 to $250 or a custom amount of your choosing. Cards are valid for one year from the date of purchase and can be emailed as a great last-minute gift.

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (1) -

Debbie - There is nothing on this list that I currently own. That means you can send me any or all of the items. I particularly like the thread kits idea. Sometimes I have more flower style designs and the next I will need www.annthegran.com/.../sf80wc10  This one is an #80 weight which is perfect for words and fine details. Remember that #40 weight is denser. #60 weight is a little less dense, and  #80 weight is delicate.
If you get the #80 weight, let me know so I can borrow the set!!
The Avid Embroiderer