The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Pillow Talk and the Star Spangled Freebie you will really love. (Or else!)

I love toss pillows but I want them to be fresh, spotless, and interesting. When I get tired of a particular pillow, I take it apart and use the filling and cover fabric for other projects. I really don't recommend doing that because I end up with stuffing everywhere and fabric that is too small for serious ideas I need to test. If the pillow is in good condition, I donate them to charity. In fact, my favorite store is "St Vincent de Paul," and I get some pillows from them and eventually donate them back. I think of this as 'rental' and they get something that is likely to sell. 

This pillow came with a 'set of bedding' and never went on the bed. I used them on accent chairs in every room. then I move them around for a new look any time I choose. 

You can see a couple of spots on the original pillow, but I liked it so much, I just could not get rid of it. So, as your Freebie, I have two sizes of stars. I really hope you like them!!

On Amazon (where else) they have 'chenille pillows in various colors. Since I don't sew well, and zippers are really beyond me, I am going to order a couple of them (no, I don't get a 'cut' of the sale) and place the stars, in various colors. 

The lumbar (like mine above) is as low as $6.58 for a pack of 2 super soft chenille throw pillow covers. The zippers are in and well hidden. 

Also available are a pack of 2 super soft chenille throw pillow covers, 18" by 18".Other sizes and colors are all around $18, so these are inexpensive and fun! 

With your personal embroidery, this is a great gift for family, friends, and even YOU. 

These two sizes both have a 'cutting' stitched line if you want to cut the star from the fabric to place on your project. It is the third color. Or, bypass or just sew it and leave it on your project. My design was planned to have a star that would be glued to my pillow. The pillow does not have a zipper, so this was convenient for me. It is NOT a free-standing lace. 

You may note that the 2x2 in the above photo is not exactly in finished condition. I re-digitized it and it will be good for your use(s). 

I did not forget Dear Old Dad - Check this Freebie out - - https://bit.ly/dad2016a 
Or this Freebie - - https://bit.ly/atgdad2018 

Being around you makes everything better, thanks for stopping by to check out my humble blog. 

Comments (2) -

Unfortunately, our decor is at the mercy of our three big dogs, and our sofa throw pillows usually end up on the floor! ๐Ÿ˜œ Thanks for the star design, though; Iโ€™ll use it for something other than our poor, abused pillows. ๐Ÿ˜„

Hello Daisy - I love dogs but they can rule the whole house with less than perfect behavior.
I hope you enjoy the star design. With two sizes, and the ability to adjust those sizes (at 20% or less), I think it can go lots of places, including a positive message for a family member or friend. It never hurts to say encouraging things, you never know when someone really needs it.
Pat, The Avid Embroiderer