The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Holidays are for family.

It is late-October, 2019 and I feel like time is flying by, faster and faster. You know the holiday drill, plan and create, event, family and friends, clean up, repeat. So, I was thinking of a decoration that does not need to be recreated for every festivity. 

Preparing for a holiday has enough work to it AND, we all know who gets the honor of doing everything!! (Do you need a hint?)  As a time saver, the most versatile, decorative item I could think of was toweling. Did you know that a towel has very long life? And, talk about  sustainability, many of us use a towel (especially 100% cotton) until it is threadbare. (Then it goes to an animal shelter for further appreciation.)

Being general and festive for any holiday is an interesting idea. Here are my ideas (your mileage may vary). 

• Holiday 
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Fun
  • Party
  • Celebrate
  • Birthday
  • Anniversary
Whew! That is a lot of ground to cover with some design magic.  Here is my take on a design for all seasons. I used a Turkish Towel as the base and set up a little bit of an embellishment. 

I chose a Turkish Towel because I did not have time to get the 'tea towels' that are perfect for this project. 

• 3 each 100% cotton tea towels.
  • Towel size is 20.25″ x 27.75″

Hang your (several) towels in conspicuous places, tie a ribbon around each and garnish with something that represents the specific holiday. 

Often, as a wander through Ann's great site, I find things that are 'outside the box' and I want to share this one with you. Denim is never out of style. From the 'High Fashion' to the 'ole fishing hole,' denim makes things unique and uncommonly innovative. Check it out.

With 5 stylish colors in each package, and 100% cotton, they are 18" by 58". You know all the ideas, but here are some for your consideration:

• Patches
  • Pockets
  • Applique designs
  • Accompany lace projects 
  • Use with Red, White or Black Work
  • Gifts for Men, BFF and Family
  • Incredible Patchwork Quilt 

This is a purchase that will inspire you and give your work fun with a twist. 

Thank you so much for joining me in my blog. YOU are creative - 
You cannot use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. 
Maya Angelou

Comments (3) -

Thank you to each of my readers! I enjoy knowing that you are (hopefully) learning here at AnnTheGran.  Each blogger shares their ideas with joy and happiness.

If you want to get more info on something embroidery, I do my research and testing and give the results in my blogs.

Remember that what works for me may or may not work for you. I am NO expert, but I like sharing my ideas with YOU. (I have been known to disagree with just about each and all of the 'experts.')

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Hi Pat, I just love the information and designs on your blogs. My husband had 14 strokes and a major brain surgery in July of 2016. Unfortunately he will not be getting any better only worse as time goes by. We are thankful to God for all the time we've had so far. My embroidery machine is my outlet. I just want to thank you and the ladies at the Ann the Gran site for helping me keep my sanity. You provided me with free designs when I could not afford any and for that I am forever Grateful! Your blog is so informative and I can't say enough good about it! I started reading 3 yrs. ago and am still reading now! God Bless You All!

whit73bird - God blesses us all if we just take a moment to see the grace that is all around us.

I could not have said it better - be grateful for what time and joys we have.

I was considering discontinuing the designs I create, you give me an excellent reason to continue them. I try to do designs that are not found anywhere else. Anyone can do a bouquet of flowers, I do try for something unique. You reminded me that inspiration does not have to feel like a 'stiff, stogy old saying.'

Thank you for sharing your story with us, and on behalf of my readership, we wish only the best for you and yours.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer