The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Three unusual and great tips and you better believe in Santa - - - freebie.

With the hustle and bustle of the holidays comes a time for family, friends and even strangers.To save YOUR TIME, I am not writing a lot for this blog but am getting right to the Freebie and possibly a tip or three.

Tip: Keeping your stabilizers organized is always a challenge. I have a 'wine rack' that I don't use and found that the stabilizers were just right for it. I can see everything, including the amount that is left on the bolt in one neat spot. If you are fortunate enough to have a place that is convenient for your stabilizers, please do make a comment below and help someone with a storage issue. After all, embroidering is about sharing information, tips, tricks and ideas. Those can be very far-reaching. (I have readers in Australia!!)

Tip: If you have a laundry room (or small corner for your laundry equipment), you may benefit from using an old fashioned coat rack to assist you with hanging items as they come out of the dryer.

Here is some of my uses:
  • Empty hangers ready to hang those warm items - it keeps the wrinkles at bay.
  • Hanging my purse - when it is in the same place every time, and the rack is just off the garage, a handy place for it.
  • I have some items that don't go into the dryer, the coat rack is a great place to air dry items.
  • I can see other coat racks in my home in the garage, bedroom, and even outdoors (hanging plants would be great).
  • This one is 14.5" (38cm) in diameter and can be slipped under the washer or dryer in a space that is limited.

For REALLY small spaces, place this on a wall - I found this on the Internet -

Tip: Did you know that in Windows (any version) that you can RIGHT CLICK on the tab (upper tab in the top Toolbar) you are currently working in and select "Duplicate Tab." Upon selection, you get a dup, duh, but your original remains open. Many times I personally have 'lost track of a site' when I try to open a new site. This duplicate can be used to go anywhere you chose leaving your first site still open and available.

Freebie -

You may notice that the baste stitches are 'inside' the design area. This particular project was very tight for a 4x4" (100mm x 100mm) hoop. There is no rule that says the baste must be on the outside of the layout. And still easy to remove.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a safe and fun holiday surrounded with love. Pat (Oops, I meant this blog to be really short.)

Comments (2) -

Its Nice For Embroidery

Thank you skyinearth (great name!!)

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer