Embroidered Canister Wrap

All my designs are 30% off through November xx, 2015.     When you break a sewin [More]

A Timely Reminder

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with [More]
Make the Cookies for Santa Mat Featured in DIME

Make the Cookies for Santa Mat Featured in DIME

I have been extremely blessed to be a routine contributor to Designs in Machine Embroidery magazine. The new November/December issue features my project on the front cover. I'll show you some Ann the Gran designs that you can use to make same thing!

Start with the Perfect Placemats & More set by Pickle Pie Designs. These designs are constructed entirely in the hoop. The biggest one requires a 15" x 15" hoop, so be sure that you can stitch the design on your machine. 

I had to adapt the center embroidery to my smaller hoop, so it took a lot of work with Embrilliance design editing software but the end result was worth it. Another option is to stitch a smaller version, the mug rug, which fits an 8" x 8" hoop.

You have several options for the Santa in the center:

Christmas Santa                                                                 Santa Applique

Santa Head Applique                                                                  Santa With Puppies

For the lettering, the best choice here is the Tinker Toy font. I find that, when working text in arches or circles, it seems to look more balanced when the font is capitalized.

The complete instructions are featured in the magazine, which you can purchase here. Next time, I will show you some ATG options for making the cookies!

Debbie SewBlest