Stadium Seat Cushion

Back to school often means spending hours at practices and sporting events (it would be nice for the sewing room too!). This cushion cover is very easy to make and can be personalized with embroidery if you like.

This also makes a great cushion for ill and elderly who need some extra comfort when sitting for any length of time. I used a high density foam purchased in the size of 2" x 15" x 17".

I used canvas and cut one front and two back flaps as above. I made sure the top edges of the flap pieces were positioned along the selvage when cut. That way, I did not have to hem the edge. If you need to hem a raw edge a the top of the flaps, add the seam allowance to the above measurements.

You can also add embroidery to personalize the cushion cover if you like. If so, position appropriately and embroider using a medium tear-away stabilizer. I opted for no embroidery as the print was a bit busy, the cushion is for a senior, and I did not want to add any more pressure points that embroidery may create.

Personalized embroidery can range from  Modern Elegance to  Collegiate Alphabet .

After any embroidery is finished on the front, sew the three pieces together. Place the front (face up) then one flap (face down) and the other (face down) matching outside raw edges. Sew or serge around the outside edges and turn right side out.

AnnTheGran.com | Beautiful people make beautiful things