Why Bottom Line for Bobbins?

After 15 plus years of machine embroidery, I recently started using Superior Thread's Bottom Line in my bobbin. Why did I wait so long? It truly is superior to other brands I've tried and here's why.

Lots of colors
There are more than three dozen colors available which means you can easily match to top threads for when you are quilting, sewing heirloom embroidery, freestanding lace, or binding. It is also wonderful for hand applique.

Check out this selection that comes with 35 colors in a bobbin keeper.

There are several different collections of Super BOBs here. If you are unsure about the type of bobbin your machine takes, check your manual. Other specifics about bobbins are available in this blog.

It is really lint free

No fuzz in the bobbin case. Like most bobbin thread, it is 60 wt. which makes it extremely fine. It is two-ply whereas most others are trilobal.

Pre-wound bobbins are a better value
because they can be wound so much tighter, pre-would bobbins hold three times the amount of thread - See more at: https://community.annthegran.com/post/2014/04/04/bobbin-basics#sthash.NHK7Kaur.dpuf
Because of how they are produced, pre-would bobbins hold three times the amount of thread that you can wind at home. They are also wound more precisely for balanced stitching, and
because they can be wound so much tighter, pre-would bobbins hold three times the amount of thread - See more at: https://community.annthegran.com/post/2014/04/04/bobbin-basics#sthash.NHK7Kaur.dpuf

Extremely smooth
Even when you are loading bobbins, you can tell the difference. Bottom Line feels smoother in your fingers. If you put a spool of Bottom Line and another big box store brand side by side, you can see the difference in surface texture.

Get a 12 pack to try them out. They are grouped in neutrals,

pastels,

and brights.

Great for Quilting
A truly fine bobbin thread means no drag on batting which translates into less thread breakage, smoother stitches, and no batting pulling to the surface. When stitching quilt blocks or zipper bags in the hoop, you are often stitching through two layers of fabric, a layer of batting, and stabilizer. There may even be a zipper in the equation. Bottom Line thread makes the stitching a lot more effortless.

Better Embroidery
Embroidery is much cleaner with more precise lines. You can also use a smaller needle which helps make your stitching even more crisp.

Once you try them, you will probably like them. That's when the 72-bobbin packs are the best buy. They also come in neutrals, light, pastel, bright, and a new collection.

I have used for embroidery and quilting in the hoop and it works beautifully. Give Bottom Line a try and you won't be disappointed!

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (1) -

I only found L style bobbins listed.   Do they offer A Style bobbins for the babylocks?