Why Bottom Line for Bobbins?

After 15 plus years of machine embroidery, I recently started using Superior Thread's Bottom Line in my bobbin. Why did I wait so long? It truly is superior to other brands I've tried and here's why.

Lots of colors
There are more than three dozen colors available which means you can easily match to top threads for when you are quilting, sewing heirloom embroidery, freestanding lace, or binding. It is also wonderful for hand applique.

Check out this selection that comes with 35 colors in a bobbin keeper.

There are several different collections of Super BOBs here. If you are unsure about the type of bobbin your machine takes, check your manual. Other specifics about bobbins are available in this blog.

It is really lint free

No fuzz in the bobbin case. Like most bobbin thread, it is 60 wt. which makes it extremely fine. It is two-ply whereas most others are trilobal.

Pre-wound bobbins are a better value
because they can be wound so much tighter, pre-would bobbins hold three times the amount of thread - See more at: http://community.annthegran.com/post/2014/04/04/bobbin-basics#sthash.NHK7Kaur.dpuf
Because of how they are produced, pre-would bobbins hold three times the amount of thread that you can wind at home. They are also wound more precisely for balanced stitching, and
because they can be wound so much tighter, pre-would bobbins hold three times the amount of thread - See more at: http://community.annthegran.com/post/2014/04/04/bobbin-basics#sthash.NHK7Kaur.dpuf

Extremely smooth
Even when you are loading bobbins, you can tell the difference. Bottom Line feels smoother in your fingers. If you put a spool of Bottom Line and another big box store brand side by side, you can see the difference in surface texture.

Get a 12 pack to try them out. They are grouped in neutrals,

pastels,

Quilt With An Embroidery Machine In 8 Easy Lessons By Eileen Roche

Quilt With An Embroidery Machine In 8 Easy Lessons By Eileen Roche

I’m excited to announce my new book: Quilt with an Embroidery Machine in 8 Easy Lessons.  This book has been the culmination of over 20 years of quilting with an embroidery machine. I’ve done everything from embroidered quilt tops to quilt as you as go to quilting king size quilts on an embroidery machine.  I’ve learned an awful lot on this journey and I’m happy to share it with you on Sewing with Nancy.  You can watch it online at  http://wpt.org/SewingWithNancy/  or check your local TV listings to watch on PBS.

This book teaches you several different methods for quilting with an embroidery machine: quilting and appliqueing in one step; custom quilting and allover quilting.  Quilting and appliqueing in one step is a patented process that I designed in 2008.  Since then, I’ve created 16 Stipple Collections, and in this book you’ll find two projects that incorporate that revolutionary technique.

Custom quilting is no doubt the type of quilting that makes your jaw drop at quilt show competitions.  The quilting is designed to specifically enhance and fill a shape (block), applique or area. To be honest, custom quilting is probably best achieved through expert free motion quilting. When custom quilting is done on an embroidery machine, you do not have the ‘freedom’ to move the needle as you do in free motion quilting so the results are not as ‘customized.’  However, custom quilting is how many of us want to finish our tops. I show you how to do it in the Patriotic Pillow and Diamond table runner.

Allover quilting is often the result you get when you ‘quilt by check’. Quilt by check mean you pay someone else to quilt your quilt. When you send your quilt to a longarmer, they select an allover pattern that complements your quilt top unless you have specifically requested (and agreed to pay for) custom quilting.  There are two types of allover quilting: nesting and linking. You’ll learn the difference between the methods with two projects.

You’ll discover three different ways to handle the quilt during the stitching process: furniture you have on hand, the shortE and the Weightless Quilter.  My goal for this book is to help you expand your embroidery skills into the world of quilting and get more out of your machine.  I hope you find quilting with an embroidery machine as rewarding as I do.