The Avid Embroiderer Presents - It is almost Valentine's Day❣❣

It is that time again - Valentine's Day.  It could be all the other holidays, but this one is for romance.  I think romance and loving others should be a daily event, but just the same, I am putting together a little romantic item of my own.

Additionally, my artistic side has been urging me to get out my paint and brushes to do something on paper, canvas or fabric - take my pick.  I picked fabric that happens to be canvas, it is a tote. 

Paint is my chosen mixed media today with embroidery being the base.  Since beauty is in the eye of you know who - I figure I can make something loveable. 

I am starting with "outline" style designs.  I want to create the idea and then use the paint to do something else with it.  I don't see the entire design yet, but I will when it finds me.  One idea was to paint the inside and another was to paint around the edge of the design with the paint coming away from the design.

I also think that you don't need to embroider the monograms/initials, you could get a sew/iron initials for doing it as well.  (Click on the picture to go to the design- It is a Freebie)

(Freebie too!)

I fell in love with this horse design.  I think I am going to combine him with the cloud (beneath him) creating a dream sequence for the horse.  I just need the right project for this idea.

This project would be so cool on denim or 100 of the other fabrics that make dreaming of new ideas so much fun.  In this case, I absolutely will be doing a 'discovery sew' aka 'sew out' because I need to discover how the design looks and how the paint will make it or break it.  During that 'discovery sew,' I determined that using a very watered down paint was the most usable.  Just having some paint in the cap and a little water was perfect.

Here is my project upon completion of the embroidery portion.  I am happy with the results.  It gives the feeling sunshine on the loving relationship. 

Both of my ideas for painting are done. Both truly look better in person. However, I like the one without paint.  Sometimes less really is more.

Tip 1 - I have said it before but , don't forget to give your Embroidery Manual a fresh look after you have been embroidering (sewing machine too) for awhile.  You will be surprised as the number of features that are available but you are so unaware.

This is my example.  I have been doing my design placement check with just an eye review.  Now I really can see what is happening!  That red dot in the center is one terrific tool. 

Speaking of tools, those Hoop Guards are, if the truth be told, wonderful.  They are easy to use and keep your project in position. Click on the picture to look at the details.

AnnTheGran.com | Beautiful people make beautiful things

Jigsaw Puzzle Outlines

A customer suggested that I provide puzzle outlines so that she could add h [More]

Put a Neckline on a Hemline!

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with [More]

EMB 101: Thread

Part of the beauty of embroidery is the gorgeous assortment of threads available. With so ma [More]

Easier Christmas Cookies!

It is almost the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year!" Remember this Christmas cookie tutorial? [More]

Thoughts to Ponder

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with you. [More]

EMB 101: Stabilizers

Stabilizers can be quite challenging but they really don’t have to be. Here is an overview to help w [More]

Easy Way to Display

No need for an expensive trip to the frame shop. Use a simple canvas board to display your embroidery stitchouts. Most embroiderers know that a test stitchout is required. That's how we are sure that all of our settings are correct, that the thread colors work well, that our stabilzer is the ri... [More]

A New Bag – Finale

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with you, which was originally posted on Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog.   Here’s the windup on my new bag. After embroidering the corner accents and grommet designs on both ... [More]

Versatility!

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this content with you, which was originally posted on Eileen’s Machine Embroidery Blog.  By Sherry McCary Even though I have thousands of embroidery designs, there are several that are so vers... [More]