The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Spring is a delight for everyone. And, a Freebie for the gardening crowd.

It is Spring here in Arizona. The temperatures are climbing, so if its cold where you are, I will gladly send you a few dozen degrees in July!  

Spring is so wonderful with its breath of newly awakened life, warmth of air and the feeling of joy it brings. Persistent weeds, and IMHO, the outdated practice of Daylight Savings Time come along with Spring. 

Since in 1966, Congress passed the Uniform Time Act, it takes an act of Congress to change the parameters . . . Despite that, I understand that nearly 30 states are considering making a change to this process. FYI - there are so many 'pros and cons' and they often conflict. 

On the brighter side, here are some fun things about this time of year -
  • 3/6/20 - National Oreo Day
  • 3/9/20 - National Fill Our Staplers Day 
  • 3/12/20 - Alfred Hitchcock Day (not his birth or death day)
  • 3/20/20 - Extraterrestrial Abduction Day 
  • 3/22/20 - Goof Off Day
  • 3/29/20 - Vietnam War Veterans Day

Let's talk weeding in the garden. At least there is something you have a small amount of control over!!

Many of us are garden enthusiast or know of one - we have dirt under our fingernails. One item that will make a gardener more productive, is an apron with lots of pockets. Here are suggestions/options for types of aprons and placement of a little embroidery that is part of the fun.

My favorite apron is a full size, from the neckline to around the knee. Here is an example:

Most of the things I do are not symmetrically designed. I appreciate the free flow of the eye looking at things from a different prospective. I like that the pockets are differing sizes and widths. Check out the sizes of differing tools to make a pocket specifically for them. 

And, a towel with gardening designs are always welcome. I remember, years ago, when the cotton industry said that a towel is never thrown away, there is always some sort of use until they are just strings. I don't know if that still holds true, but it has always been a staple in homes for many, many years. 

The top patch pocket is just a font so, it does not have an actual design. The lower left is my Freebie. I like to see simple, easily recognizable design. If you have to look carefully, it is really too much like work!  The lower middle is a Freebie from right here at Ann's place.  And the lower right corner is also a Freebie in Ann's huge collection. Ann's is by far the very largest Freebie selection of anywhere. Some of these are free for all, and some are free for members of Ann's Club. Ann's Club has lots of value for embroiders, digitizers and quilters. 

These designs (and 9 more) are the March 2020 set, again, free from Ann. Each month, something innovative and unique is available to club members. Ann's Club members do have some fun perks, check it out!

Here is my Freebie for your keeping. Most gardeners know this feeling, 'I don't remember planting these!'

← This is also in the .zip file. 

I would love to hear any constructive critique on my Freebies. If you have been here from the beginning of the Freebies, around 2017, knowing that I have some 'issues' helps me to grow and become more accurate, creative and understanding of digitizing. Digitizing is complex and an intricate process and your input will move my abilities to a higher level. 

Thank  you for reading my blog, I care about your attention. 

Comments (1) -

To all my readers, family and friends - Just a little note to encourage all of you to do things for and with your family in these trying times. Most of us are on overload in many ways and your craft can make things a little more pleasant.

Embroidery is one of those things that is creative and gives joy to every one. If you did not get this particular design (Home) check it out here. http://bit.ly/3DSatin-freebie    Find some left over material and add a little bit of positive thoughts to your surroundings.

Best wishes to you and yours, Pat, The Avid Embroiderer