Fancy Mug Rugs

n-the-hoop projects are very popular.  There is something satisfying [More]
Welcome to the AnnTheGran Community!

Welcome to the AnnTheGran Community!

Ann (AnnTheGran) CobbWelcome to the AnnTheGran Community!

Many people know AnnTheGran.com for free embroidery designs, and that's great, but now the site offers so much more. If you've just been using my site to get free designs, you've been missing out!

Answers to All Your Questions

If you have a question about anything related to your creative passion, chances are very good that you'll find an answer in our Community. We have over 25,000 regular contributors to our forums, and we hope you'll be one, too. Contributing is easy - all you need to do is sign in and start typing! To search in our Forums for a topic that interests you, just go to our main Forums page and type in your topic in the 'Search' box in the top right corner of the page. Click here to visit our main Forums page.

Expert Advice

If you're looking for tips from those in the know, presented in an informative but entertaining way, check out our blogs. We have some great writers! A blog is like an online magazine, with articles and lots of pictures. Unlike a magazine however, you can search for exactly what you're looking for in the click of button. Use the 'Search' box in the top right corner of any blog page to find the articles you want. Click here to view a selection of recent articles.

Project Galleries

If you just want to look through some photo galleries of what your fellow creative people have been up to, why not take a look at our Galleries section. If you have a photo of something you've made that you'd like to share, putting it up is easy. After just a few clicks, you'll be able to sit back and wait for all those wonderful compliments about your work! To visit our main Galleries page, click here.

Best of all, this is all free! So go and have some fun!

Ann (AnnTheGran) Cobb

Comments (155) -

Your web site was very easy to use before you changed it. Now I have been on here for 4 hours trying to download a free design and I couldn't. I even joined your site and that was a mistake because it is not any easyer to down load.

I'm so sorry you're having trouble with the new site, Jan. I've forwarded your concerns to my tech support team and someone should contact you soon.

when I try to download a design all I get is the color chart would like to learn how to get the stiches.

I'm confused! The designs don't come with color charts. Can you tell me a little more?

I am Hanni from Germany and I must say I have no trouble at all down loading the disigns. I just hook up my Brother software cardreader and it works perfect. It will not work with out the cardreader.

Greetings from Bavaria Germany

kelly4eaton 8/14/2008 3:47:56 PM

I have a Brother innovis 1200 and have used your site everyday for 3 weeks. The download works perfectly for me!! I love your website!! Thank you so much for the freebies and all your tips!

Love it, Love it, Love it !!!!

When I got my machine i found your site and I really love it. Thankyou so much for the freebies. I'm on disability and could not aford to buy designs and these let me make things for my 10 grand children. And the tips have been a lifesaver.

My question is  that I can not find stabilizer in the small town I live in so I have been using fuseable interfacing. Is stablilizer bacically the same thing?

Thank You again Ollie560

Thank you so much for having your site. A Walmart worker told my mother about it, she told me, and I have told so many folks! Through your free designs I have found some wonderful sites with full sets. Since I am on a very low budget and during the time of everyone trying to get as much as they can with as little as they can, it's nice to know you are more than fair. Thank you so much

Linda

Dear Ann

I having touble with downloding the free Designs too.Lots of them say "there is no sewing data"

even that it downloads 68KB.....

other ones work like a charm.

Thanks Ursula

I've used AnntheGran for years without any problem. Even on the newly designed site. Could it be that people having a problem either don't have a "reader programme" like Adobe or an embroidery programme (Embird, Artista etc.) If they're trying to downloads without correct software, it's impossible.

Thanks Ann for all the wonderful stuff you put on your site. It's given me years of sewing pleasure.

Granny-Jan.

creativity par exellence.

karenfrommi 8/22/2008 12:34:19 AM

I love your site, have no problems downloading designs.  Thank you for the nice freebies and the great blogs.  Karen from Michigan

sanetmaritz 8/22/2008 2:03:37 PM

im new and want to download pics please.

feel still stupid. do not know how. i just bought my pe design. want pooh's donkey to start. all the pics are so pretty but do not know were to start.

Hi! I'm looking for a toothmouse design. Possible to help?

judydegraff 8/24/2008 12:18:26 AM

so, as a two-week trial member, how do I download the freebies faster than before?  I can't seem to find the link, and the downloading seems to be the same.

Judy

o site e lindo, as ideias otimas ,pena que nao consegui copiar nenhum dowload gratis

grannyma1948 8/26/2008 10:47:30 AM

I have used your site so many times for tips and free designs just like so many others.  I appreciate it so very much.  I have just recently retired and plan on using it a lot more THANK YOU ANN FOR THE GREAT ABILITY AND THE CHOICE YOU GIVEN US TO DO SO.  MAY GOD BLESS   Mildred from Texas

I am totally new to all of this. I bought a husqvarna and was told your web site was available. You have beautiful designs for the freebies. Now my question. I need to convert to VIP and I don't understand how to do it. I believe yours is PES. I have reader writer I am having trouble with instructions on how to download from the computer to the card. Would anyone out there have a wonderful cheat sheet to go by step by step on how to download from computer to machine. Please leave a message if you can I certainly would appreciate it.

colleenhughes 8/27/2008 3:30:17 PM

Hi from South Africa.  I have been enjoying the free designs, and have had not trouble downloading. Wish I could do multiple downloads - it seems awfully slow doing one at a time.  Am I missing something? Keep the good stuff coming!

thx for the lovely designs XXX  Smile))

engelapretorius 9/2/2008 5:19:21 PM

Hi

Thanks for the beautiful designs.  No problems with downloading. Would also like to multiple downloads.

Engela

hi I have a brother pe 180d and would like to download some poppy designs I have pe desinn card writer but have had difficulty downloading when I put my memory card in there is nothing on it , do you have designs that  work with pes I have had a couple of designs before without problems, last year I did some lovely snowmen on my tablecloth they turned out really lovely they wear in cross stitch that you for your help being a full time carer for my husband embroidery and card making helps me to relax and forget my worries keep up the good work , so glad people like me can down load for free once again thank you god bless x

Hi I have been to your site several times andi have always had great lucik downloding the free desinrd thanks you so much. nightdoll

glendaparris 9/13/2008 1:18:37 PM

I have a Singer XL6000, love it. I download patterns from your site quite often, never have any trouble. My software PSW 2.0 converts all formats for me. I can resize, change color, delete, add lettering, has a library, dizitize and almost everything. It is a really good program. Anyone out there have this machine? I haven't had it too long, still learning alot about it. Give me some tips if you have any on this machine. I had a Singer Futura 200 before this one, nice machine, but doesn't do near all the things the 6000 will do.

Ann, I am so happy to be back with my embroidery family.  A house fire 4 yrs ago took away everything.  I finally got a new machine and am looking forward to rebuilding my design stash.  And, of course, this was my first stop.     Debbie VanHorne

hi there. Girl from South Africa. i just found the site today, downloaded without any problems and embroided a teddy already! will see much more of me on here! thanx for the site!!

Dear Ann

I need your help.I orderd the xstitch express 4 days ago and still waiting on the confirmation or program # to open the side up.All I get is we will send you the # in 1 or 2 days.But no # to open that program up.I did had the trail version for 14 days.I was to sick to play with it before,now I would love to do so,but............please help.........Ursula

scl0404  - Catalog XPress will convert designs of any embroidery format to any other format (except for Bernina's ART). In the case of Viking's Designer 1 Catalog XPress goes one step further, actually writing the design to your disk for you. I've uploaded a PDF document with instructions for you and you can get it here: www.annthegran.com/.../...-Designer-1-Addendum.pdf If all yoou need is the VIP format, right click on the design of your choice and choose Save as" and then "Viking VIP."

billiejo - All the Free Designs on the ATG site are already in PED format for Brother machines. Your machine has a 4" x 4" hoop. I think that perhaps your trying to use designs that are larger than your hoop. Designs larger than 4" x 4" are usually marked with an asterisk.

Debvh- It's been a long time! Welcome back to the fold, Debbie. I'm sorry to hear about your fire but I'm glad you're back on your feet and back to embroidering.

uschi1 - Hav e you contacted support? Generally your registration # will appear in your account almost immediately after purchasing CrossStitch XPress. Have you looked in your account to see if it's there? I'm going to alert Support to your problem and you should hear for someone shortly.

Thanks for all your  designs. I work in a fabric store and gave your site to a new customer yest, They were looking for books  on Embroidery by Machine. I have used your site for years and I have NEVER had any thing but good luck.  Met you at Greensboro at a Sew Expo. years ago. You have to have the right software for the Designer 1 and it will change the pes to vip or shv. Thanks again for all the cat patterns.   miller2712@roadrunner.com

Thank you Ann I got it with the help of Keri.Lovely person,but now AOL crashed on me.so I cant get in to it.Will let you know what my new e-mail adresse is when I got it......Thanks Ursula

ps Keri deserves a big hug

Hi anne

You are amazing your patterns are so big and nice to work with.

please I am looking for sun bonnet girl and boy theme

combined .

ps Anne you deserve a huge hug

Thanks for everything

KERUSHA

queenkeru@yahoo.com

NB PLEASE REPLY

Kerusha, there are several sun bonnet boys and girls on the Sun Bonnets page in the Free Designs section

A thank you from Weats australia. I enjoy your site have a brother 700E and still learning how to use it proberly. No problems downloading your free designs.Irene

bobbiepublix 9/25/2008 10:00:55 PM

iT  IS A LOVELY WEB SIGHT--I AM NEW BUT LOVE IT. BOBBIEPUBLIX@AOL.COM

I have downloaded free designs for the past few years. No problem. I just joined ATG club and am enjoying it. Thanks Ann for tips and designs---free too!!!

Shirley

sewingwoman3 9/27/2008 12:42:45 PM

I was told about  ATG design site in 1997, and have going through all your changes with no problems, I've learn alot about the computer by taking a little time to read on downloading and chooseing the right format for my michine. I thank you everytime I visit your site (and I visit it often). thanks Stella

Why isn't there a "NEW DESIGN" category in the free designs anymore?  I have the download disease and have so many of the designs but do like to see what has been added...now I never know.  Perhaps you aren't adding to the free designs anymore?  Thanks for those I do have but can't take time to go through all the categories just hunting for something new...especially if there aren't any!

WHAT IS THE SIMPLIST WAY TO CONVERT YOUR FREE DESIGNS TO THE jef FORMAT.

great stuff anne. keep up this most useful and informative site.

MAYMOONA, as I mentioned upthread, Catalog XPress, which you can find in the ATG store, will convert any embroidery format to any other embroidery format except Bernina's ART.

I think your web site is absolutely fantastic. I have no problems downloading any of your free patterns. Thank you for such for all your freebies, blogs, tips and anything else I may have left out. Caroldann  

Im another newbie, well semi newbie! Started embroidering around 4-5 months ago, with a Bernina EM1, (using only ART grade A or B format designs, so the ATG ones didn't work, and nothing could convert to that). It has died on me, so I am off tomorrow to pick up a Janome 300E. YIPPPEEEE, I have been downloading your designs all day, I cannot wait to make christmas gifts etc!! Very exciting!

No problems here downloading the designs at all, but I do know that I need to get a thing to change the format to .JEF. that'll probably confuse me more tehehehe

I am new at this.  Are all your designs ZIPPED?  Pat

justaminute 10/5/2008 7:53:03 AM

I bought the Ultimate Box and am very new at this. Have an older Viking 1. I can see the designs through the software, but am wondering...do I unzip the files BEFORE trying to view them through the Ultimate Box? Or do I unzip them AFTER I open the Ultimate Box? I have a separate Embroidery file (with subfolders sorting each design). I haven't tried to download any of the designs through the ultimate box yet, just wondering about the unzipping portion of the free designs. Keep up the GREAT work! I love the freebies and have seen some wonderful sets!

Hi, justaminute, and welcome aboard! Unzip the designs first. Your Ultimate box can't read zip files. Okay, now, my own Ultimate Box is one of the first editions, so it's possible that the software that comes with some of the later boxes might unzip. But you'll never go wrong unzipping first. Sometimes there are other things in the zipped files, such as special instructions.

Thank you for such awonderful place to visit, read, download, and of course blog.  

Hello

I am trilled about this new site. I did belong to the old one and found it to user friendly. Thank you Ann for all you do for us.

chris

lynnettecoombs 10/6/2008 4:42:30 PM

I think your site is brill ,I have downloaded lots of free embroidery , I have had a wee problem with some where the black out line at the end of the embroidery is not always around the edge and leaves a gaps or over laps . Other than that I go to your site first to see whats new, just love it. Thank you so much to everyone for your wonderful embroidery pictures From Lynnette

I've been sewing since I learned in Jr. High. I sewed for my kids as well as my husband and now I do custom embroidery for others.  Ann the gran is just so great with all her freebies that I get to create my own sometimes with just looking at her's.  Thank you.  As for the backing for the embroidery, I get mine through texas.  A company sells rolls for a good price.  I do mostly Christian designs now.      C. Emerson  

jaynewhittaker 10/19/2008 12:27:47 PM

Hi there

I have been using your site for the last couple ofmonths and am absolutely amazed by you and the digitisers generosity in giving away so many freebies.  For the newbies (like me) this is a wonderful way in which we can play around with files on our machines without worrying about the cost.  

Just a quick question - do you know where I can get Noddy and Big Ears files from.  I would like to buy a set in order to sew out for my grand chilren.

Thanks - Jayne South Africa

denisethomas 10/20/2008 10:48:45 AM

i love your site but i find slow when downloadingdesigns. i would like to be able to do multiple downloads.thanks denise 1954

I have used your site for years and love it, but when you changed your site I have not been able to download your designs so I quite using it.  Now with the holidays here I tried again and still can't.  I use the PES and download the a flash stick, don't understand why it won't give me that opinion anymore.  Please help!

sewcrazyforcats 10/26/2008 6:49:56 PM

I absolutely love your site! Easy to download the designs, tons of stuff to buy and a great forum community! When I get going on my digitizing, I would like to contribute something to your site.

I want to make an embriodered table cloth, suggest any patterns and ideas to make a baby quilt

Dear Ann,

I am 55 Years Young, this year is the first time I have used a comptuer let alone the INTERNET.

I think your web site is abolutely fantastic.

I have no problems dowloading any of your free patterns.

Thank you again for your freebies.

Thanks Chris - Sydney. Australia

barbarasmall 11/8/2008 6:41:26 PM

i need to change  madeira to brother please can you help barbarasmall

Barbara, I don't understand what you're asking me.

On October 26, 2008 I asked for help in the downloading process, don't understand why I have not got an answer. Obviously not very good customer service.

cbnfun, did you contact customer service? If not, I'll try to help you here. The option to download or save, etc, is a function of your Internet browser, not of the site from which you're trying to download. Can you tell me what browser you're using and exactly happens when you try to download? Are you receiving an error message?

joy38rowell 11/11/2008 4:42:08 PM

Your old site was much more USER FRIENDLY than the current site,

I do enjoy your free designs.

jrowell

We hear from both sides, jrowell, but I think more find it at least as easy, if not easier, to get around on the site. Can you tell me what's giving you trouble? Maybe i can help.

I think your site is absolutely wonderful!  I haven't visited it for some months and really like the new look.

Thanks for the wonderful free designs - I have no problem downloading.

Mary - South Africa

In response to your answer on Nov  9,2008.  I tried calling your customer service Ph # and they said they do not give help for this.  I do not think is a browser problem I have tried several other browers and the same thing happens.  I use several other embroidery website and have no problems. All it wants to do is save it to my computer and all I want to do is save it to a flash drive.  Never had a problem before. Sorry just not very impressed!!

Ann

Do you ever offer soroity orfraternity logo's

Just a question.  The new magna hoop,  I thought you were not supposed top have magnets near a computerized machine?  

billiejeanhardy 11/30/2008 8:57:54 PM

Ok, now what I don't understand the number thing....

I just registered and tried to download one of your free designs and was not successful.  I was able to unzip the file via WINZIP but it won't open.  Keep getting "HASP not found" error message.  What am I doing wrong?

I just want to clarify to everyone that this is not a support forum. If you are looking for product support or help downloading free designs, that is why we have our forums. Just click on Forums at the top of this page and either search or click on your topic on the left side. If that doesn't solve your issue, contact support@annthegran.com and they'll be happy to help.

Thank you endlessly!!! Great, fantastic help from you to a beginning embroidery fan.I spend all my free time at my embroidery machine studying a lot of useful things to do about embroidery.

Olga

Thank you , the embroidery patterns are great.  

Dawn

I am having trouble downloading.  I was always able to download before, but now the file won't open in my format. I use a sew or jef format and all I can get is a pes one.  HELP

Hi There, I must say

we are a lot of South-African ladys who just love your site.

Thank you for all your tips and I must say, your downloads are increadable.

Tanks again, and God bless.

tonyalupton 1/2/2009 10:56:44 PM

My sister in law told me about your site.  She loves you!  I am just getting started with my new machine and was excited to be able to get some free designs.  I have been able to save your zipped files but unable to open them.  I do have the ZIP WIZARD but still unable to open the files.  Is there a secret to opening a PES file???  Thanks for the help.

Tonya

aprilrichardson 1/6/2009 5:10:31 PM

I have been trying to download a free design and it will not let me. It says I am not a member.can you help me?

silvereagle64014 1/6/2009 6:44:42 PM

i love your designs but is there a way you can browse the free designs at one time or do you have to do it by catagory

adminforyou 1/9/2009 5:59:10 PM

When I click on the free designs and choose one I like all the designs that are offered are not free.  Please only offer free designs there.  The same thing happened when I tried the other options.  I haven't become a club member because I'm unemployed and $$ is tight.  It would be a great help if you only put free designs in the free area.

i like the web site before you change it. please go back to it. thank you.

pillowsnmore 1/14/2009 10:33:21 AM

I just became a club member but i'm a long time user of the site.

I figured I used the freebies often so it was about time I join. The download time being a member is awsomwe, so to anyone that isn't a member you should think about joining.

I loved your old page. I think the new design takes more getting used to than the old one did. You know us old ladies are creatures of habit. Love the fact that you are here and have used your site for a few years now.  I think some of the users are having more trouble with computer literacy than your site, but it really was easier to use before..

Thank you for all you do.

Hi Ann I love your designs  BUT can you do a modern Lawn Bowling Lady and Gent . I would like one of  a lady in shorts or long pants or the peddle pusher  length .(calf) .  Please please I use your other one sooo much .....Hope you can help me ..... Margaret WA.

i enjoyed downloading designs for free, I'm not a business, I sew for fun. I now can no longer download designs. What do I have to do? 908 859 3069

nanacarla07 1/19/2009 1:59:15 PM

I love this site and the designs are great!  I keep joining for the three months, but believe next time will join for the year. I also quilt and the embroidery designs really make the quilts special.  My grandchildren love Nana's new label.

Nanacarla

silvia.maiocco 1/22/2009 3:18:27 PM

i'm italian and I love your site eand your design. Thank!

ladies should understand that they have to contribut  for the  ones that dont have much money to become a club member. yet l`,m not a member , but l will in a very short time. l love your site and l thank you for it

Thank you for allowing people to obtain free designs, for me it is a blessing.

Lin

ritamaywebb 2/1/2009 4:43:19 PM

What a shame you had to change your site and restrict

freebies to paying club members.I have used your site for many years to make cards for friends. Still I suppose it's a sign of the times. Money rules !!!

i like the web site before you change, pease use your other site please

i like the wed site you change, please use your other site

bizzybee33 2/8/2009 9:16:35 AM

Hi

I just joined today and have had no trouble downloading your designs and I think the site is easy to use. Thank you, it's a lovely site.

I used this site almost on a daily basis (before the changes) with my high school students.  It was a wonderful way to get the students excited about sewing and creating something personalized.  Now with the changes, we can't find a thing and I am no longer able to recommend the site.  We simply don't have the time to find a design, only to find out that it was not one of the free designs.  I can't afford to join the club, so I guess the students will have to use the designs that I have.  What a shame... and so discouraging.

Thank you so much for the freebees it's easy to douwnload. I am so happy that i found your site. And so much freebees. Thanks Thanks Thanks. Greetings from Holland.

cmembroidery 2/21/2009 12:53:01 PM

I love your site, the design are beautiful. Easy to use and makes great work.

grazie

maandpaclay 3/12/2009 9:00:51 AM

ann for some reason i cant get your free designs can you help me

I did not have any problem download the freebies until the site format was changed.  Now I get the color chart, but cannot open the design after I download it.  It says cannot find the program that created it.  Help!!!  I too am retired and funds are limited.  The freebies were wonderful.  I lost all the designs I had when my pc crash.

what have you done to your site. I can't view any free designs and on your old site i had no trouble seeing all the free designs once i logged in.

Am i missing something or do you no longer have free desigs

Hi

Just wanted to send  my deepest Sympathy to Ann on the loss of her beloved husband. My God give you strength to carry on and may the times you shared bring you happiness and contentment.

Take care

Brenda L

Ann, just found your site and am able to download the freebees. I am very new to machine embroidery only one month. My prayers are with you on the passing of your husband, it is a difficul time. Debbie

I like your site,but for free designs,please,putting them in order: by week for example,I don't remember if I've take them in passed week!

My english is bad!! I'm a french oldgranny

Your designs are easy to download and sew with my embroidery machine (4000D brother)

Thank you

Amitiés

Muttie

I absolutely love you website and I plan to visit often!!!

dear ann, today i tried to download a fairie to my machine and i couldn't do it. what is wrong with your website? it seems a lot of us are having trouble. i am so sorry to hear about your husband's death.craftymama6325@att.net

I have used your site for years and have enjoyed it so much. I love how easy it is to use.  The designs sew up beautifully and am also a member.   Love the links and ordering the stablizer at half price.  Thanks again for all you do. Linda in Texas

Hi Ann, I have been trying to get into your free designs for the last 2 hours and nothing has been coming up. How do I get into them.

Thanks Sharon

You used to have a system that we could pay as you go for embroidery letters and numbers........is it still on the website??  Thanks

I still can not get the free designs, can you help me.

I really enjoyed all the free dsigns before you change.

I still can not get the free designs, can you help me.

I really enjoyed all the free dsigns before you change.

I agree i definitely like the previous format, where you could browse all the pictures at once.

sylviafeather 5/1/2009 7:39:22 AM

I also liked the previous format.  I can not find what I want now.  The free membership tryout did not work.

I fully depended on you before.  Now I have to go somewhere else.

mjcspedroso 5/1/2009 9:29:35 PM

ola estou escrita no vosso sat mas não comsigo tirar algos bordados.oque posso fager obrigada

I have used your site for a few years now and never had any trouble with downloads until today when I wanted to try the free Program patterns. I have a Designer 1 (VIP) but can not open the download, where am I going wrong?

Love the site and all the information. Jujane

It does take a little longer to find the "FREE" designs, but my gosh, they are "FREE". This is still my favorite site.  Thanks!

dear ann, i am  new member from ITALY ,i love your site and the designs are great ! but i tried to download one of them and it was not successful,Please could you explain to me via e mail how can i do to download the free designs.    grazie

soniaregina 5/28/2009 4:21:56 PM

Thank you for so beautiful desing

Congratulations!!!

lchurchwell 5/29/2009 3:50:18 PM

Hi- I enjoy visiting your site and really enjoy getting the freebies.  So far I have not had any problem downloading them.

Thanks -  Lucy from Arkansas

Your new website is not user friendly.   I don't believe you have 1500 free designs.  Some categories don't even have one!!!     Lizzy

applin1@bigpond.com 6/3/2009 7:34:56 AM

Thanks Ann the designs are fab, and your catalogue express is brillant, except it wont accept vp3. will you update the catalogue to accept it? Thanks for your website, it is wonderful, love all the contributors for there designs  Regards mary from western Australia

joybteasley 6/3/2009 5:37:33 PM

How can I find june's free phares? Joy

I am also having problems downloading.  When I click on some of the designs it takes me to another page, where I continue to download. When I check to see it, it comes up as file not recognized.  Then there are others that work really good.  When I click on some designs I just have to save it, without it taking me  another page to download.  Not sure what is going on, or what to do. Some help would be wonderful.  The designs are really nice.  Especially the New Design Category which is the one I'm having the most problem with as well as some of the others.

Kellye

Hi Ann,  I enjoy your site and so far have found everything I looked for.  It is easy to use and well worth my paying to joint the club.  Thanx!!

Hi Ann, I am very new to machine embroidery (I'm waiting for my machine to arrive). I am so lucky to have found this lovely site. I have downloaded your Spread Sheet on What to charge for work. It looks very useful, thank you. I have been a sewer for 42 years, but have never done machine motive embroidery. I'can't wait to get started. And perhaps download some of your lovely designs. And I hope to contribute, If i get good enough. Picot from UK.

janlightheart 7/4/2009 1:26:51 PM

Hi Ann,

I want to thank you so much for your contribution to the world of embroidery.  I cannot remember when I first started embrodering, although I know I bought my current machine - the esante and the palette software after my husband died so that was 14 years ago.  He bought me my first embroidery machine - it was a simplicty and did simple stuff. Anyway, when I got my machine I learned about your site and it was my constant companion.  I stopped sewing when I went back to college in 2004 (when my son turned 18) and recently started again. I was so thrilled to see how you had grown and how you had taken your love of sewing into a thriving enterprise.     Thanks again.  

Janet Lifshin www.thehaha.com

I have downloaded with no difficulty into Husq 95.  I now have 4D Embroidery Express and they tell me that there is no way you can convert.  You have a conversion program.  Will it convert to and from 4D Embroidery Extra.  If so, how much us it?

Thanks in advance...jthom6843@aol.com

i used to have no problem downloading fre designs now i dont seem to find many of  the free  stuff, how do i join to download

estelle

stephanie110 7/21/2009 4:30:35 AM

Thank you for all the wonderful designs but I am having trouble downloading them.  I need them in Jef format and have downloaded Adobe 9.1 as per instructions - then nothing.  Is there a site  with further instructions. I would be most grateful   if you could help.    Again my thanks to you and all the generous designers.    Stephanie110

stephanie110 7/21/2009 4:32:40 AM

iIam seeking further instruction to change the format of all the wonderful free designs into JEF.  I have downloaded Adobe as per instructions but need  help as to what to next. With thanks  Stephanie 110

Am having the same problem Stephanie.  I bought a set of designs and they came as Adobe and I need to convert them to JEF. Interestingly, the file name is ATG-GG01.PES  I can convert PES to JEF but not Adobe.  Would love to know if you got any help

Debbie

Sorry but youv'e made the site too hard to navigate, Used to be great but now I will have to move on.......

Ich brauche Tennismotive in PES für Brother Maschiene !!

Gruß Doris

bettyboopsnester 8/31/2009 12:02:19 PM

I would love to see where and what your 'free designs' are...I can't find them...where/how do I find your free designs?

Betty

I've used you sight for years and this is the first time it wouldn't work. It just keeps telling me the design is not a free design. It looks like most of the designs are no longer free. The new sight seems really hard to use compaired to the old signt. Maybe I was just use to it. Is there a membership fee now to get most of your designs? Hope thats not the case. Thanks for all the years of designs when I needed something special, Linda

westernangel7 9/17/2009 7:21:11 PM

Dear Ann, I love your site and the designs.  However, it would be nicer if you could view the design larger and get the details.  I have  a Bernina Deco 600 and can only work with designs in the 4 x 4 hoop. I have downloaded several designs only to find out the do not work because they are too large.  It would be nice to view all the details plus the colors before the downloading process begins.   It is very disappointing spend the time and not be able to use it.  

Thank you,

Lyn

veb said i love your site i have downloaded so many great designs & made lovely things. Thanks

Hi! I love your website and your great designs!  I'm sure to find many lovely ideas for my family!

Thanks!

Ann: Everytime I try to download a  free design I get the message that the design is not available to non members, I would like to receive a couple of the designs to sew before I join. It says to mark the box for non members. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Ann:  Just wanted to tell you that I have figured out how to get the designs, Sorry for the previous post.

adancingheart 10/25/2009 1:59:50 PM

I would like to suggest that all the "new designs" are put on the first page.  That way we would all know we weren't downloading duplicate designs. Would save a lot of time.

ejmmostert@dslmweb.co.za 10/29/2009 1:48:43 AM

Hi Ann, I havent been on your website for a few months but i would like to get some of the free designs, i tried but cant seem to down load it.

Thank you for the free designs. I did log in but still cant down load the free designs.

Elizabeth

South Africa

why free artista format desing ?

Having retired, I have just started machine embroidery.  I wish I had started years ago.  Many thanks to "Ann The Gran" for wonderful freebies.

Living in South Africa it is good to be able to download wonderful designs.

Thank you.

Sarah.

dEAR aNN  all of this complaining must drive you nuts!!!  I have used  your designs for About 10 yrs got my Brother PC8500 just after losing my husband . Its has been a real comfort to me I also understand your loss but you keep going GOOD GIRL! I am so sorry you lost the Calendar Girls I made a Quilt to give away and couldn't part with it  They are just beautiful the embroidery is so unusual I really don't blame the family they should not be free But I wish they would release them for a charge I have so many lovely designs and felt guilty and felt I had to join glad I did ..so quit complaining people and JOIN THE CLUB where can you buy designs for the price ... Barbara

dawnbrumfield 1/26/2010 5:14:44 PM

Hi there

I am new to machine embroidery and although i thought i had downloaded the programme to change the format i still can't seem to change it to a JE? (I have a Janome 360E)  and download the free ones.  Hope you can help - Regards, Dawn

cjsebastian 2/2/2010 12:35:43 PM

Always a great site  for newbee's and experienced embroidery folks.  However, since some of us aren't quite as young as we once were, allowing the designs to enlarge on the screen with stitching details (stitch count, size, etc.) would be a great help!    Hard to decide if I want to buy since it is too small to actually see the design.   Thanks for all the hints over the years!

sewingkgaby 2/4/2010 5:21:24 PM

Ok!!!  I have searched and searched for the FREE designs on your site that I have used soooo many times and for years before

Where are they now????

I cant find the Icon to click for the FREE designs

Please help!

I miss the old website - so easy

Are the new free designs in one location or jumbled in with the others?

I have found the support great!  Thanks,

its nice to meet you!

I

Ann:

I used your site years ago.. an today.. came back to look at it again.. Oh... Thank you for such a GREAT site and all the work you put into  making it that way. I am looking forward to  getting my Rose machine out an start using it again...  Again.... Thank you for all your work an time you put into making this site so great.

Hi, my name is Marieka and I also have a problem downloading your free designs. Does it take long to join, because maybe that may be the problem.

virginiaheerts 5/2/2010 11:32:06 AM

How do I get to free designs . Never had a problem before ,but you have changed you're format .

I recently tried to download some designs to my ped-basic card reader and am currently having trouble with this item, what steps do i take from the start to finish, I sure could use your help on this, could you please walk me thru this process

Hi Ann. I have been to your sit a few times to download some of the freebies in PES. I have a Brother 1250D that I just bought and am uncertain of what program I should go with??? I want something that will read my downloads on my computer, allow me to make edits, either colour or combining. I'd also like to be able to load designs onto either a card or a usb stick - and I don't want to spend a lot of money.

I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

BCAngel

speced20101 5/31/2010 11:25:24 AM

Hi there, I have used your site for the last few years and have had few problems until the past few weeks. It seems every time I try to log in it doesn't recognize my password. When I try to retrieve it it doesn't recognize the user. I set up a new account and then that lasts for one day or less and then I have to set up another one. What is happening???? I must have about 7 or 8 usernames for the same email address now and none of them work. Help please!!!

petermigdigitizing 2/21/2012 7:49:46 PM

Mig Digitizing provides cheap and quality embroidery digitizing services around the worldwide.

Free trial available to check the quality visit the website for more information on prices.

http://www.migdigitizing.com">http://www.migdigitizing.com

First 5000 stitches order free

More than 5000 stitch design will be on 50% discount.

Our Rates:

$1.5 per 1000 stitches

FREE MINOR/MAJOR Editing

20% upsize/downsize free

Free format conversion

Min $8

Max $120

JACKET BACKS $75

Same Day or Next Day's morning turnaround time.

Our website is absolutely devoted to carry top-quality device embroidering digitizing styles. Each of the styles that we make is examined and even repaired in several types with different devices placed in the collection.

http://www.digit-embroidery.com/embroidery-designs">www.digit-embroidery.com/embroidery-designs

Happy to see your article and it's really informative and clear to understand easily. I visited recently a blog at falconembroidery.com which are new but they have a good collection of free embroidery designs with various sizes and almost all famous machine formats over there site here is link : falconembroidery.com/.../

I can't stop my self to share it bcz they have really good designs