The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Keeping Sane and Upbeat. And, a word or two of wisdom from the Smithsonian Institute

I just happen to have an old magazine, November, 2017, from the Smithsonian Institute. I personally consider them to be reasonably authoritative and not politically motivated. I did find a couple of articles from that magazine and sharing them will help you understand what is ahead. The first article Journal of the 1918 Influenza Plague  (1918 Influenza) and the second is The Birth of a Killer (lethal happenings in China) and the third article  How to Stop a Lethal Virus (health expert issues). Each of these give information to possibly decrease fear for you and yours. 

BTW - Gay or not, I am going to marry Anderson Cooper. He is paying attention to every guest on his show despite being on information overload. (Or he is just glazed over? ? ?)

I have been thinking of the more encouraging things that we all can do, especially if we are the 'head of household' or "leader of the clan." 
  • Gather your family, and tell them stories about your childhood, early years married, and especially your favorite event that happened with your family. 
  • Ask each of them to share something from their every day life as well as which is their favorite family moment.
  • You could write up that information and create a booklet with all the stories. Looking back at some time will be enjoyable for all. 
  • Those things are what families did years ago, and it is a great way to reconnect those memories, and possibly begin a new communication venue.
  • If you did not already find this site - 151 Fun Things to do when you are bored.  This list is full of useful and even productive for anyone seeking ideas. 

My Freebie is a quote from my favorite woman leader, Maya Angelou. Miss Angelou was inspiring, gracious and especially, compassionate.  Miss Angelou was honored with many, many awards and degrees. Did you know she was a Nobel Prize Nominee?  To see that list, take a peek here.

(Green indicates embroidery tips and tricks):
Check out this trick from John Deer - Needle ThreadingNeedle Threading 

PS- I think we need a new word for 'positive' when referring to negative issues. Positive should NOT be used for being infected with a cold, etc. Leave 'positive' for the good things we all enjoy. After all, we have dozens of different names for 'snow.' Leave 'positive' for events that we can embrace. 

PPS- Just a little note from the past - In 1961 there was a Broadway Show called "Stop the world, I want to get off." They saw the future and we all survived and will again.

Thank you for pausing your 'binge' watching to stop by my little blog. I hope you will download my Freebie. Maya Angelou always was a very to the point regardless of the situation.

Comments (1) -

I do have lots of Freebies, many of them are humorous! - Here is one of my personal favorites:

http://bit.ly/trulylost-freebie

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer