Favorite Machine Embroidery Notions: Magic Pressing Mat

I just recently purchased one of my most favorite notions for sewing and machine embroidery – the Magic Pressing Mat. Read on to see how wonderful they are and why you should have one!

After not having much luck with portable pressing boards (I found that they warp over time and aren’t as well made as they used to be), I have been pondering wool pressing mats for about a year now. I am happy to report I am the proud owner of a 12” x 18” Magic Pressing Mat, which is the perfect size for your sewing and embroidery projects. I wish I had purchased it sooner.

These mats are a half-inch thick and constructed of dense 100 percent wool. Better yet, they are made in the USA.

Perhaps the biggest benefit of a wool mat is that when pressing fabrics, the wool holds the heat. It is almost like pressing both sides at once. That cuts down pressing time and frustration. If you like to use your iron as much as I do, that is incentive enough to click the “Add to Cart” button.

Magic Pressing Mats are sold by Pam Damour, The Decorating Diva, an interior designer and sewing professional. She also has a Blueprint (formerly Craftsy) class about machine embroidery on luxury fabrics. If anyone knows how useful these pressing mats can be, it’s Pam. Watch her pressing mat video here.

There are three different sizes from which to choose:

• The Mega Pressing Mat 14″ x 24″ x 1/2″
  • The Magic Pressing Mat 12″ x 18″ x 1/2″
  • The Mini Pressing Mat 9″ x 12″
  • The Skinny Pressing Mat 4″ x 24″

You won't believe what a difference it makes!

Debbie SewBlest