The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Embird comes to AnnTheGran and a Versatile Freebie for everyone, even the guys!

Embird has come to ATG and I am really excited about it. If you have never heard of Embird (where have you been??), there are some really great facets that I want to share with you.

Over the next few (or more) Blogs, I will be sharing some things that I found to be particularly good to have in your arsenal.

Financially, I know of no software that can compete with Embird. Feature for feature, Embird builds in so many outstanding qualities that it would be difficult to know all of them. The items not built in are available at modest pricing. Once you start to see how the program 'thinks', you will find things that are useful and interesting.

The first discernable item that I appreciate very much is the variable views of a design.  I personally do a design that has a portion that is entirely too dense. As my machine was sewing this design, the needle was pounding the stitches and fabric. It was loud and frightening, even a new needle did not solve the issue.

Enter Embird.

Every program has the 'stitch view' showing direction and details such as spacing.

All programs have a 3D view for a realistic vision of your colors and coordination.

I do have 2 other inexpensive programs. Unlike Embird, they short-feature the software to save money. Neither of them has these two valuable views.

This is a Density Map. The green indicates 'normal' density which won't be 'cast iron' aka 'bulletproof' stitching. The orange is where the stitches overlap or there are too many stitches in a small area.

This view is an 'x-ray' style and also gives a detailed look at the stitch layout.

The design was my freebie in my last blog. I am still learning about digitizing. I plan to have more interesting, unique and professional designs for you.

Don't forget that Mother's Day is just around the corner. Let those who want to honor you know about Karen K Buckley's terrific scissors. A gift that will keep on giving and make your giver happy as well. (They won't have to shop for hours to get you something you really want and need.)

Here is my Freebie for this blog. It can be used for boys, men, girls and women. That is what I call versatile.

foot The Avid Embroiderer.zip (163.9KB)