Selecting Thread Colors

We are excited to have Eileen Roche, Editor of Designs in Machine Embroidery share this co [More]
Follow Your Heart

Follow Your Heart

Not long ago, Ann the Gran featured the Calligraphy Project Designer special and I knew I had to try it out. Elegant fonts, scrollwork, and plenty of elegant accents... I LOVE it!

I was really surprised at all of the features, especially for the cost. It is a mini customizing program with capabilities comparable to other, pricier, softwares. And, it is easy to use. I decided to create a design for a special neice who graduated from high school.

With 13 resizable fonts, more than 70 decorative designs, and 11 text shapes, the hardest part is trying to decide which to use first.

I chose a heart shape as a background for the single-letter monogram, then added the monogram on top and sized it to fit within the heart.

Text is all keyboard fonts, which means you type your text as you want it and do not have to place each letter separately. Even though the text letters are grouped by word, each letter can be adjusted for perfect spacing. Text is also converted to a path and can then be easily manipulated around shapes.  

For the text "Follow Your Heart," I could have placed the text all on one line but chose to type each word individually so they would be easy to place around the heart shape.

I think I will add a coordinating fabric border to this piece and frame it (more on that later).

Oh, the possibilities...

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (2) -

This is a terrific project.

I hope you tell us how to make those hangers.

I see a great gift idea that seems to be very simple - is it??

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Thanks, Pat!

It is VERY simple and I'll share the finishing part in an upcoming blog!