Reusable Grocery Bags

USING CREATIVITY TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT

In the next few weeks many cities are enacting a law that will allow grocery stores to charge for plastic bags. Some of you have already been using reusable tote bags; some purchase these bland reusable bags from the store at which they are shopping. However there is no reason these bags need to be boring. In fact they can become real conversation openers and stunning creative inspirations. Our African Folklore Embroidery designs are perfect to stitch onto reusable tote bags.  You do not need a sewing machine, only a needle and cotton to stitch them onto the bag, either with a basic running stitch or chain stitch. 

Whether it is a wildlife life design featuring a giraffe, elephant or lion or a scrumptious looking cupcake design or even a beautiful flower., your tote bag will become something of which you are really proud.  Summer is the perfect time to start your African Folklore Embroidery design and stitch it onto a tote bag.  

There are still a few more weeks to submit and enter your completed African Folklore Embroidery in the African Folklore Embroidery Challenge. The first place winner receives $500 cash. Even if you decided not to enter, I would still love to see a picture of your completed African Folklore Embroidery Design, so email me at [email protected].

Calling all quilters, fiber, embroidery and beading enthusiasts – WIN $500 Cash in the AFRICAN FOLKLORE EMBROIDERY CHALLENGE

Entry forms for the 2011 African Folklore Embroidery Challenge are now online at www.aflembroidery.com THE GRAND PRIZE is  $500 cash, 2nd prize $50 and 3rd prize $25.00. All entrants will receive certificate of participation and be considered for inclusion in a new book. All entries will be on display at the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach, July 29th – 31st and at the American Sewing Guild Conference in Los Angeles, CA Aug 19th-21st 2011. Westin Bonaventure
404 South Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071

The deadline for entries is July 15th 2011

All entries will be able to be viewed by the public at the International Quilt Show in Long Beach, July 29th-31 and the American Sewing Guild Conference in Los Angeles, CA Aug 19th- 22nd. I look forward to seeing you there.

Last year’s 1st place winner was Madeline Reyes from the Coachella Valley Quilt guild. EGA members Judy Dymond and Carol Cunnignham -Hutte form the Mountain View EGA Chapter in California  won 2nd and 3rd place in 2010. Entries from the 2010 African Folklore Embroidery Challenge can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234386778169&ref=ts

For more information, contact: Leora Raikin, [email protected]  (818) 999-6094

Special Summer offer

For parents and grandparents looking for fun creative projects to do with the kids over the summer, we have a special offer, when you purchase two or more kits, you will receive a FREE copy of my book, Safari through  African Folklore Embroidery, which explains and illustrates teaching techniques to children, with bright colorful pictues along with ideas for completing your African Folklore Embroidery project.

African Folklore Embroidery has a selection or reusable African inspired tote bags for purchase. Visit our website at www.aflembroidery.com or CLICK HERE at AnnTheGran to view our designs.

To see a selection of our NEW SUMMER DESIGNS email me at [email protected]