This One Thing Saves Wear and Tear on Your Machine

Do you worry about bumping your USB while it is plugged in? A broken port means no designs can be loaded on your machine. Repeatedly plugging in and taking out a USB can wear on the port, too.

Even if the replacement part and labor are affordable, how long will it take for the machine to be repaired? For me, the closest dealer with on-site repairs is four hours away. Otherwise, I can ship it away and wait for months.

What do they say? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I purchased this cable from Amazon and got two for less than $10. What I liked most about it is that it has a right-angle connector where it plugs into the machine and most of the models that I saw did not.

The wear and tear is now on the adapter end and not your machine port. Think of this male-to-female USB connection as an extension cord for your USB port. And, it doesn’t stitch out as far as a traditional USB so you are less likely to bump into it and break the port.

My cable is 8 inches long, so it lays on the table surface without getting in the way or adding additional pull on the port.

These cables can also be used on your desktop computers and laptops to save wear and tear on their ports. It is an inexpensive way to avoid costly problems.

Debbie SewBlest