The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Finish The Cycle and a Freebie for loving use.

I am going to highlight my embroidery/hacks and tips in GREEN. HTH!

I  follow a blog on Hoarding - https://hoardinghomesolutions.com - that I find to have some great, simple ideas to stop hoarding at its beginning.

Generally, the idea is to be proactive ultimately hindering the issue of hoarding. Don't let clutter create itself. You can read the details here -   https://hoardinghomesolutions.com.au/finish-the-cycle/. 

But here is my simple take on this evil demon. 

·       Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.   Sun Tzu (Chaos comes when you have no rules.)

·       The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do.   Michael Porter (Chose not to do the ‘busy’ work.)

·       The best way to predict the future is to invent it.   Alan Kay (Clutter becomes a future one item at a time.)

You get the picture. Embroidery has the same issues. Unfinished projects, ideas and intentions can make embroidery a drain.

'hoardinghomesolutions.com' has the example of doing laundry. From clean, organized and put away clothes to - well - clean, organized and put away clothes. Create a pattern that will become a habit. Like breathing, it will become automatic.

Keep fabric locatable. Each of us have a 'stash' of things, and fabrics are a challenge to organize. Tip - decide on a plan for sorting, i.e., by type (cotton, linen, etc.), color (pastels, neutrals, darks) or size of item (small for applique, medium for up to X by X designs, and large for ambitious projects.) Plan your work and work that plan. 

Keep stabilizers together. The sizes and package dimension for stabilizers make it challenging to say the least. Tip - use a small wine rack or the organizer for wrapping paper. Slide flat packs of stabilizer into a file cabinet. A file cabinet is also great for keeping your hoops protected and organized. The photo here is from Smile.Amazon.com and only $14.59. 

Organize your designs (ATG's software is worth its bytes in gold!!) Catalog Xpress does organizing your files, in multiple categories (dogs, trees, summer, and many more). Check out the features here, you will get ideas and features you may not have already thought about. . https://www.annthegran.com/tutorials/ATGProducts/CatalogXpressFeatures.pdf  

Here is my Freebie this time Remember that a baste stitch does NOT need to go outside of the design. Some of those stitches will be buried and the rest will be removed. Perfect for those tight designs where using the smallest hoop is always a very good practice.

I think there is always room for another ‘love’ style design, don’t you? Perhaps there needs to be a symbol for ‘compassion.’ The world would be a better much better place with more compassion. 

Thank you so much for your attention to my blog. I try to bring little tips and tricks that help you in your craft.