The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Rediscovering Embroidery. This Freebie "paints" a picture.

I have been thinking about some of the ways that embroidery can have a "Renaissance" of which YOU can be a part. This could be the start of something big! I can see the headlines now - "Machine Embroidery Takes the Next Step in its Evolution." "At the turn of the 21st Century, Embroidery comes of Age."

So, as I am working on my own personal design for this transformation, I came upon an embroiderer who is breaking rules and creating designs with character and especially, life.  You can see more of this work here:  https://www.boredpanda.com/embroidery-artist-shimunia/  Russian embroidery artist Vera Shimunia is a breath of fresh air! It seems to me that when I see photos of the Russian daily life, it is always snowy and cold. Vera brings some of the country side to the world.

Despite her work being hand embroidery, the concept can be modeled for machine embroidery. I am excited to give you the design below, freebie emulated from her work.

I have tried to emulate the beautiful work from Vera Shimunia. There are so many details and colors that I could only get a small simile of that work. I started out with about 20 colors - since I simplified the design, there are only 5 colors and a great deal of fewer elements. 

This particular design is 5" by 5", 14k stitches and 5 color changes. The basting ring is very close to the design. There are a lot of stitches in a small area, so plan to use a heavy stabilizer  or even an adhesive heavy weight, Ann's selection and pricing is (IMHO) excellent. 

The bed in the master bedroom in my new house has been one issue after another. I won't bore you with details. One thing that has annoyed me (like forever) is the fact that bedspreads are no longer in vogue. Placing a 'dust ruffle' is the only way to hide those dust bunnies and assorted items under the bed.

That dust ruffle was always slipping and sliding when I make the bed and in the bed. Enter  - - -

The ruffle/skirt now stays in place, I also tacked down a rug that was on carpeting, and now it does not slide either. Hope you find these helpful too. These were in the bedding department of my local store.

My best wishes to you and yours and I thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to read my little blog.