In the Hoop Fun!

If there is one new thing you should try this year, it is an in-the-hoop (ITH) project. I recently stitched up two and it was so much fun, I am sure to continue.

I created one of those zippered hipster purses. Yes, I said the Z-word. It was the easiest zipper I ever stitched!

The design included quilting and lining. Everything, except the strap and the three inches of slip-stitched lining where it turned right side out, were created entirely in the hoop.

If you can follow directions, apply lapel stick, and change thread, you can do this. Here are five ITH designs to try from Pickle Pie Designs:

All ATG followers could undoubtedly use this one, and it would be a wonderful gift for friends and family! The Sew to Go design collection includes scissor cases in three sizes, a scissor or tote ID tag, and a handy zippered pouch for your USBs.

The scissor cases are stitched with stipple quilting and all letters of the alphabet are included, so you can make them for everyone you know.

The Peekaboo Collection  could be adapted for nearly any use. They would be perfect for school children, hobbyists, as purse or travel bag inserts, and in baby bags. The vinyl cover makes it easy to identify what is in each zippered bag.

I have seen the small, strapped bags used as ID badges at conferences and retreats as it includes a name, can be worn around the neck like traditional lanyards, and the zippered compartment is great for holding USB drives, room keys, credit cards, and lunch money!

We probably all know someone who would benefit from one of these Chic Not Geek cases. They can be made for an iPad, tablet, iPhone, mobile phone, portable hard drive, or anything else that fits. Stipple quilting and an included alphabet make it quick and easy to stitch up for all of the techies in your life.

New and expecting mothers will adore this Teddy Bear Collection. Keep pacifiers clean and secure in a zipped pouch, stitch up a plush teddy, and stitch a teddy bear applique on bibs, towels, blankets, and onesies.

Give it a try. See how it is done here: Pickle Pie Designs In the Hoop video.

Debbie SewBlest