LaRueSew-Quilting-Design, You Can Do It!

Sometimes we quilters and ME's want to do what we want to do. We buy books with patterns made by somebody whose tastes are similar to ours, but we want to do it our way. How can I arrange my favorite quilt blocks in a new and different way without taking hours with graph paper, a ruler and color... [More]

MONKEYS AND OTHER ANIMALS YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE ON SAFARI

Do you have your binoculars ready, camera and  hat? Remember, keep your hands inside the jeep. While on this visual African Safari  remember the animals are not in cages, do not pat or feed them and most importantly remember you are a guest in thier environment!   You can expect to ... [More]

Calling All Experts! - Help Us Expand the Magic Bookshelf

Everyone is an expert at something. This is something I have always believed, and continue to believe. Sometimes that expertise extends to a broad subject, like embroidery or cars or lawn bowling, and sometimes it's very specific, like telling "Knock-knock" jokes, or knowing how ... [More]

June From Brother - One other thing...

Not sure where someone got the idea that we are already making an upgrade for the new Quattro....not true!  Trust me, I would know.....I still reeling from what it took to get this one done.  Nite all!

June From Brother - This and That

Well ladies, there certainiy has been lots of discussion about what to pay for a machine.  I have to say once Brother sells the product to the dealer, it is up to the dealer to set a reasonable price. They do that based on many things.  The most important thing for all of you to remember w... [More]

The Thrill of Digitry and the Agony of the Foot

It seems like I’ve been away for a long time, even though it’s only been a couple of weeks since I’ve written. So, so much has happened. First of all, July-August is our family’s big birthday season. We have a couple of stragglers, the twins in October and t... [More]

Gizmos, Squissors, And Feed Dogs

You had all better put on a pot of coffee and grab a couple of danish for this folks!It is going to be a long one this time, I have so much to share with you! First I would like to start with a brief history lesson. Did you know that the first commercially successful sewing machine was bui... [More]

New Dream Machine From Brother

Hello! I am new to blogging, but there is no better time than now to jump online to tell you about the new machine that we at Brother have just introduced! If you haven’t already heard, our new top-of-the-line 'dream machine' was released a few weeks ago and it is truly a machi... [More]

LaRueSews - Quilting - BASIC TOOLS

Before I start to tell you about tools, I want you to know that I have been working on quilt projects that have been stacking up on me for years. The one I have done the most on is a quilt that goes back at least ten years. It is a scrap quilt that was a Guild project. It left me with ten blocks tha... [More]

Crash Course Cathy - WHERE in the WORLD are you?

WHERE in the WORLD are you ME’ers ( Machine Embroiderers(???!!!) FINALLY……….Here’s your opportunity to share WHERE YOU LIVE with AnntheGran’s Community!!!! It will be SO MUCH FUN to see where you ARE!!!! I hope you will SHARE!!!!! Those of you who have ... [More]

Safari in Africa

Hi, my name is Leora Raikin, and my company is African Folklore Embroidery. I am so excited to be a new blogger on the ATG website. I have just returned from four weeks in South Africa,(incredible!). In this blog I will be sharing with you a little about my experieince there, my connection to S... [More]

Time For Kangaroos And Pop-Up Baskets?

Hello Everyone! Now that you have some of the basic things down pat (right?), we can move along to some other things, like the fun stuff with ME and sewing! This selection will include a simple project I think everyone will not only enjoy doing, but giving as a gift as well. Fir... [More]

LaRuesews- Rotary cutter, freezer paper and quilt shops

Well Quilters and ME’s, it’s time again for me to give you a few words of wisdom on the subject of quilting. Thanks to everyone who read and commented on my last blog. That gave me ideas of things to talk to you about this time. Pat asked me in one of her comments to talk more about free... [More]

Embroidered Pillowcases with Fancy Jumbles

Individual characters (letters, numbers and punctuation marks) from my alphabets can be found on my Stock Design Page.  My designs are also available in packs, as described in this blog.  Those can be found here.  For designs and packs available in multiple si... [More]

Fay, Fay, go away!

and take your wind and rain with you! Although we havent had any flooding as some of our Central Florida Embroiderers have suffered, or gale force winds, the constant rain and wind for 5 days has my brain jumbled and I'm ready to tear my hair out. But, as far as I know, all of us embroiderers he... [More]

Test Blog

Test Blog https://www.annthegran.com/cs/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/larue-sews/Avatar.bmp Well, Quilters and ME’s, it’s time again for me to give you a few words of wisdom on the subject of quilting.  Thanks to everyone who read and c... [More]

The Floor Beneath the Magic Bookshelf - Ground Rules for our Community

Maybe it's because I'm a man, but when something is new, I just want to dive right into it and try it out. Forget the instructions, just let me rip open the package and figure out how to make it work. I guess old habits die hard, as it never occurred to me when we were preparing to lau... [More]

International Love of Cross Stitch and Hints for Perfect Stitching Result!

Why Cross Stitch? With the Olympics going on in China, it seems that some of the members of the Chinese teams share our love of this wonderful craft. Please go to the following webpage to see a fascinating article about how internationally loved, Cross Stitch can be! See Article…  ... [More]

Oh, Brother, are my brown eyes green!

Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely LOVE my Brother machines, especially my Innov-is 4000D. I purchased the 4000D several years ago with the intent that this was to be my last and greatest machine. I have been happily sewing and embroidering with it ever since... [More]

Redwork - A Super-Simple Beginner's Project

Directions start @ paragraph 9 - Just a  hint to save you some time if you want to go to the project directly. (Chatty Cathy is going strong 1-8)   HH  (Hello Hello) Fellow M’Eers,   I hope all is going well for you and that your MEing is going great! I h... [More]

Olympic Rings, Cartoons, Questions and Paris!

8/08/08 is a date that comes up only once in every century and it’s upon us as I write.  This time the date is even more special because it’s the date on which the Summer Olympics begins. I LOVE the Olympics, both Winter and Summer, and I’m so glad they they’ve s... [More]

LaRueSews - Things to Consider Before You Begin Quilting

Right from the beginning, I need to let all of you know that I am not a quilt/quilting expert. This blog developed because I spoke with the folks at AnnTheGran about something else and out came the idea of my writing a blog. I ask you all to take or leave what I have to say about quilting and then f... [More]

Shopping Up A Storm

HH all my fellow ME’ers….I’ve been SHOPPING up a storm!!!!!…. Actually it started right there in Orlando at Ann’s Community Circle the day BEFORE I won the machine last April… and it sort of hasn’t stopped….but I THINK, finally, I am getting reall... [More]

Hello All You Happy Stitchers !

Hopefully some of you already know who I am from popping in and out of the forums and blogs. For those of you that don't, this will introduce us to each other. Many of you have asked me how I first got started, not only with ME, but sewing in general. So, here it is! You can blame my Grandmother... [More]
The Avid Embroiderer Presents - It isn't ruined if you know this secret - (shh, don't tell anyone). And a Freebie that I just love

The Avid Embroiderer Presents - It isn't ruined if you know this secret - (shh, don't tell anyone). And a Freebie that I just love

I have been doing several wedding gifts and my 'good' machine is acting up. It is omitting stitches inside of designs. Here is an example:

Fixing this, especially when I did not notice it before removing the hoop, is absolutely insane. BUT, I have a trick that works every time!!!

First of all, you need to use Badgemaster Water Soluble Stabilizer. Why?? Well, it can stand up to the difficult task ahead. And, this week, stabilizers are shipping FREE. (My favorite word, along with SALE.) 

If you use one of the other water-soluble stabilizers (WSS), please test it using at least 2 layers (not very cost-efficient) to start. You may need to use 3 and even 4 layers. However, if you are working with something that is expensive, heirloom, or otherwise irreplaceable, your use of Badgemaster is very cost-effective. See the spreadsheet below. The price for Badgemaster beats them all! I selected the two WSS totally at random. 

Using Badgemaster ALONE, stitch out your design, stopping before the missing stitches. This allows for placement and stitching accuracy. You will see when you are working through and to the fruition why, so just trust in this plan. 

Keep the Badgemaster hooped and place the project under the incomplete sew out. Match up the project to the Badgemaster and pin them carefully together. 

When pinned accurately, you should not see any differences between the two items. Place your needle where you want the correction to start and complete the design. 

This is the clean removal of the stabilizer. I was careful, but Badgemaster does not leave anything behind. 

It is time to admire your rescued project. 

Final outcome!! Badgemaster and pins are removed cleanly and the project is saved. 

You might even want to do a design and later place another design near to or very tight to the original design. This will give you an exact, after the fact, narrow or divided position precisely as you want. 

Here is my Freebie and I thought it was (IMHO) a real winner! It is 4" by 2" and with a 20% increase in the width, and using it in the reversed position, it could be a terrific addition to linens. This one is going to be a classic in your designs!

Thank you so much for joining me today and every day. I sincerely enjoy hearing and reading your comments. If you take that second to just say TY or a few more words, you have no idea how much it makes my day!!

If you are old enough to remember the Polio Epidemic, and with the Virus Pandemic, this article may be of interest to you. Polio, HIV, and many other diseases have NOT been eradicated. Small Pox appears to be gone, but who knows what may be lurking just beyond our sight. A vaccine is not the overall answer to diseases, a virus can hang around for a very long, long time. The epidemic of 1918 lasted January 1918 – December 1920

Comments (12) -

slickfilly100 9/26/2020 4:43:39 PM

Thank you for being so smart and for sharing the tips with us!!! Your freebie was an added bonus and just goes to show how generous, along with being so genius at embroidery fixes. Only certain people can think outside the box to make things work. Since you are one of those people, I so appreciate at your sharing of your genius with us!

Thank you for a fabulous tip!  This is an absolutely fantastic way to repair something that went wrong when stitching. I will remember this one.  Thank you also for your freebies.
Cora

I am able to download all the other freebies...This one just wont.  Any help?

I have reestablished the link for the Freebie (as of 9/28/20 11:10 AM, MST) (2:10 PM EST)

For some reason, it worked partially but began to fail. Please do try it again if you had been unable to download previously.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Great information.  link to freebie is not working :-(

the link for your freebie isn't working.  3:07 PM PST/6:07 EST.  Great tip!  I love it.

Love your name!! Thank you Slickfilly100. Getting a comment like yours does not make my day, it makes my year+.

My tricks are 99% from an error I may have made, or my machine made. As you know we are the 'mother of invention' these days.

FYI, if you go to this line, just below the Header,
September 25, 2020  Brown Eyed Lady  EMB 101 , The Avid Embroiderer , Design Tips & Tricks , Machine Tips  Comments (1)  
and select 'The Avid Embroiderer', it will bring up many more tips and each one has a freebie as well. Two Freebies that are quite popular are -
Https://bit.ly/Mayaangelou-freebie (Hope)
and
http://bit.ly/bcostalot-freebie (Christmas)

I have a very hard time selecting my favorite blog or Freebie. I am pleased with them all (well, OK most of them).

Thank you coracards - Invention occurred - if I had this happen once, I had it 5 times. When I first tried this one, I thought it would not work. But, the trick is the Badgemaster - http://bit.ly/badgeMtr

There are multiple reasons Badgemaster is the right stabilizer for this issue AND so many of your embroidery projects.
1. IT DOES NOT DRY OUT if you keep it in a protected package. Cover it with a large plastic bag and seal reasonably well. I have had my roll for nearly 3 years and had a former one for 8 years without problems. But I did take care of it. (Both were the 50' rolls.)
2. You must be able to see through the stabilizer to set the design accurately. Many WSS (water soluble stabilizers) are not transparent. Therefore, you are taking a chance that your line up will be off. You already know what things look like if you are off even .5mm.
3. You must be able to get rid of the stabilizer, after all it is ABOVE YOUR PROJECT rather than below the fabric. And, Badgemaster WSS has the added benefit of use as a stabilizer that will keep your stitches above the nap of a fabric. In fact, I use it with or without the napped fabric. Your embroidery looks better when it is 'standing' off the fabric just a little.
4. For less than $8, you can give it a try, 2 yards at 30" wide will do around 20 to 25 projects. After use on that many pieces, you will be delighted with Badgemaster too. If not, let me know. When I see people reviewing Badgemaster negatively, I often find they did not keep it wrapped properly.
5. Badgemaster is heavy enough to stand up to multiple needle punctures, even where they are very close set. I have actually reused it multiple times. It is inexpensive enough to for every project if you like. Other stabilizers would require 2, 3 and even 4 layers. How cost effective is that??
6. If you want the actual Excel Report for the stabilizers costs, email me at pat71896@hotmail.com and I will send you a working copy. I could not get the working spreadsheet in this blog.

Ooops, I just wrote another blog on top of the one above. Sorry about that!

The Freebie link has failed again. I am not sure what is going on, but I will be keeping an eye on it.

So sorry.

Freebie is still working - if you are having issues, let me know. pat71896@hotmail.com

Thank you for sharing this awesome technique!

Thank you for all your comments. I do tips and tricks in my Blogs. Most blogs discuss projects with little tips along the way. I do my Blogs with tips and tricks as the main subject. And I design and create Freebies for your use. I really love what I do, and I hope it shows.

BTW, the "Notify me when new comments are added" check box does not seem to be working. You can email me if you need anything.  pat71896@hotmail.com