Assembling the Name Bunting

I finally had a chance to assemble the name bunting I showed you in this blog. This really is an easy project, one that you can also use to create greetings like Welcome, Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Happy Anniversary, sports team names, etc. They are a nice memento for showers, graduations and other special events.

Letters are easy to add to the applique design if you use Embrilliance (if you need a refresher, check out this blog).

You may recall that I stitched these freestanding applique designs on fabric-type water-soluble stabilizer. I clipped the excess stabilizer close to the stitching and wiped the edges with a wet cloth to remove the rest.

I cut a length of satin cord and attached buttons to the front of each panel, looping around the cord in the back. If you don't want to go to this extent, use mini clothes pins to pin each section to the cord.

Then, for good measure, I added a dab of glue to the stitched areas on the back to keep everything in place.

Tie a loop in each end, and it's good to hang up in my little super hero's room!

Tips:

If you make something like this, post it in the gallery or on our Facebook page.

Debbie SewBlest