The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Techies need a little love too!

I found this interesting generational article by Dr. Jill Novak, University of Phoenix, Texas A&M University.

• The Boomets Generation, 2001 and forward, have never known a world without computers and cell phones.

• My generation (Mature/Silent - 1927- 1945) notes that one aspect of our group is:  In grade school, the gravest teacher complaints were about passing notes and chewing gum in class.

No matter what generation you belong to,  you likely have a desire to connect with another generation in your life. Finding ways to bridge that gap, is to speak on their level. For me, that still includes embroidery.

I also found this iPhone case that costs about $5.00 including s&h. They are also available at your Dollar or 99cent stores. These particular cases are NOT for protection of your phone. They are for decoration purposes ONLY.  If your phone is scratched, this is a quick and easy way to make it look like new again.

Monogram not included.

I used a tear-away stabilizer for this project since it will be protected by the plastic cover. I hope you like your oval applique, freebie for this blog. It makes a great Graduation Gift for your family and friends.

applique - eye The Avid Embroiderer.zip (40.4KB)

So many of the designs available here at would be terrific on a cell phone case. It does not have to be an applique. Just resize to fit your phone and the case will take care of the rest.