Hanging Zipper Caddy

Individual characters (letters, numbers and punctuation marks) from my alphabets and
individual designs can be found on my Stock Design Page.  My designs are also available in
packs, as described in this blog.  Those can be found here.  For designs and packs available
in multiple sizes, choose the size you want in the drop down menu box.

Last summer I made this hanging zipper caddy.  I had made some similar ones as gifts,
and wanted a sample of the project for myself.  I "jumbled" my name with Pinstripes Vertical
letters, just to see how it would look.  The letters are bigger than Fancy Jumbles so the
result is bigger, too.  I will do this again whenever the name this size will fit on the project.

hanging zipper caddy

The caddy can hang anywhere from a hook.  It will also be handy for travel.  Place your
itinerary and other travel documents in the caddy, and then hang a garment over it.  Only you
will know where to look.

I made a zipper pouch for DB, framing her Contour Script initials with the Contour Paisley
designs
I had digitized recently.  I used upholstery fabric and two colors of thread.  I made
a second pouch using denim and my favorite Superior Rainbow's thread, #813.  I thought the second
pouch looked much better but gave the first one to DB, as well.

DB paisley x 2

I have not yet stitched a design like this for myself, but made a similar one with a smaller
size of paisleys.  I used Superior Rainbows #801 because I had coordinating fabric for the
backing and inside the pockets.  I made this hanging zipper caddy so that I could write up
instructions for the project, available here.  (New and improved instructions posted July 14, 2010.)

Carol paisley

Please see my Guide to Contour Paisley Accents document.  The set includes four individual
paisleys, two paisley bands that will fit 100 x 170 and 130 x 180 millimeter hoops, and six frame
arrangements for 150 x 240 and 200 x 260 millimeter hoops.  I used Paisley_AB_big_frame_200x260
for the DB embroideries and Paisley_ABu_frame_200x260 for the hanging zipper caddy.  This set is
available for sale with my alphabets.  All the paisley designs can be found here.

I am still waiting to see your own creations using my alphabets and/or project instructions.
The Computerist shared her wonderful lesson on resizing and uploading photos to Ann the Gran
in her blog.  If you haven't seen it, please do take a look.  If you think your projects are
not "good enough" to post, please don't give that another thought.  We won't even see the little
goofs that probably drive you crazy, and we have too many goofs of our own to worry about yours!

Comments (4) -

Love your zipper caddy and those alphabets.  

Thank you, Sherry.

I hope you will make a zipper caddy and post a picture in the Fancy Jumbles Gallery.

Carol

I just made the caddy for my daughter who is going to be traveling.  It turned out *so* cute and I thank you so much for posting the directions.

Hi, Shelley

Thank you for telling me about your caddy.  I'm glad you are pleased with how it came out.  I'd love for you to post a picture of it in the Fancy Jumbles photo gallery.  See the "Show Me Your Jumbles" blog for details.  You need not have used my alphabets for your design - anything is fine.

Carol