Two More Uses for the DIME Hoop Mat

If you thought that the DIME hoop mat was the best thing since machine embroidery was invented, you will be pleased to learn a couple of other uses.

The silicone mat keeps embroidery hoops from sliding around while you hoop fabric and stabilizer. It seems simple, but has so much value. The more that I use this mat, the more it helps me with items other than hooping.

With grid marks on the mat, it is easy to line up the center marks on the hoop,

and draw the centering lines with a ruler. It is so much easier, and much more accurate than laying a long ruler across the hoop and trying to mark the stabilizer center accurately.

Another time that this mat becomes quite useful is when using SewTites during in-the-hoop embroidery.

If you read the Freestanding GlitterFlex Valentine post, you may have noticed that I used SewTites to hold the batting and backing in place. The DIME hoop mat is also good at holding the flat metal backs of the SewTites magnets in place.

Obviously, you do not want to stitch over a magnet and break your needle and perhaps damage your machine. By stitching a basting box on your stabilizer, you can easily see where the stitching area is for your design. That shows you where to place the magnets well outside of the design area and the grid work on the mat helps with alignment.

I’m sure I will find other wonderful uses for the versatile DIME hoop mat and I will be sure to share them!

Debbie SewBlest

Comments (1) -

Good ideas Debbie!
I believe that sharing information makes us even more able to come up with more ideas.

It is like 'priming the pump', the more you think outside the box, the more you CAN think outside the box.
Pat, The Avid Embroiderer