The Avid Embroiderer Presents - Bobbin Tip, Bibbide, Bobbide, Boo

When people have 'tips and tricks for organizing' on the Internet, I am all on it.  Some are so strange that I am not sure that a gremlin is typing and laughing all the way.  But I know that with all the great uses for the Binder Clips, whomever created them is laughing all the way to the bank.

If you remember, some of my Organization Tips, I used binder clips and straws to create places to keep those small things that get to be everywhere! 

But those darned threads, I have tried the small clips and ponytail holders.  The clips, IMHO were crimping the thread - an absolute NO-NO!  The ponytail holders covered up the color of the spool.

One of the responses in my blog (link above) described how to hold the stray strings from your bobbins.  I just got around to trying her suggestion and was totally bowled over on how inexpensive and easy it was to do.

You will need:
3 feet of PVC clear 3/4" hose (about $4.00)
an Exacto knife
messy bobbins

The PVC hose cuts easier if it is warm. 

Since I have so many bobbins, I did set up a 'jig' to cut them more quickly. 

This is the same cookie tray that I 'cleaned' without any effort in that blog link above.

The two magnets are against the wall of the cookie sheet.  They happen to be the right size to cut more bobbin cuffs. 

The cuff holds VERY WELL, here is a (not very good) video of that holding power - that does not crimp the thread.

We all know that vinegar has been a staple in our homes for centuries.  I know there are lots of great uses for vinegar and this is just one of them:

Use 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar to 8 parts water and spray on weeds. 

As you know, my grandson is Autistic and I am entirely (and have been for most of my life) against pesticides and weed killers that contaminate our whole lives.  This is just one way to stop that chemical madness!!

Feel free to share a vinegar or any other non-chemical tip with me and my readers.  We really do care about mother earth.

Pat

Comments (1) -

In addition to apple cider vinegar, there are lots of other 'olde' things that are helpful too.  I had seen a cleaning solution that included borax but was not able to find it anywhere in the San Diego area.  I do some ordering from 'drugstore.com' and just for the heck of it, searched for borax.  Low and behold - they have the original 20 Mule Team Borax.  Who knows what else is out there. . .

The Internet is full of great new things and many of the 'oldies but goodies.'

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer