Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
pattiann  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:05:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Did you have it installed on an older pc?  Was the software working with the old computer?

Now you have a new pc and new Windows OS?  Could it be the new OS firewall is blocking the installation?

Have you contacted Viking's customer service?  You will need the exact wording for the error message.

Finding a dealer who knows one end from another about ME software is like trying to find a chicken with teeth!

deriordan  
#82 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 1:24:37 PM(UTC)

I too have the same porblem. Just took the machine off the shelf after a 4 year no-sewing phase. I have lost the DONGLE - any one know where to get that. I can't do much at all without that. Husqvarna says I have to buy new software. WOW! Too expensive. Suggestions please.

pattiann  
#83 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 10:39:23 PM(UTC)

After four years in storage the machine may also need to be serviced.  You may want to switch to a software program that does not require a security dongle.

I would keep on looking for the dongle that you already have.

designerlady  
#84 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 3:19:32 AM(UTC)

Yes, that is true. Husqvarna Viking will not sell you a DONGLE.[:'(] The reason is, you could make a copy of your CD and give or sell to someone else. They would not be able to register it, but that is not always necessary. You shold for your protection, but the second person doesn;t need to, because you could help her.. I can understan Vikings reasoning. I have heard a lot of girls talking about embird software and they are very happy with it.  You can go on line and download a 30 trial b/4 you buy. I think that is good... I would not give up looking for the dongle. If you should find it and it is damaged, Viking will replace it for a small fee.  You didn't say what software you have.  VIP, 3D. 4D?? I know Viking software is pricey, but I think it is one of the best.  Just my opinion... Hope you find your Dongle..Smile

Marlane

hal505  
#85 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 4:20:09 AM(UTC)

you might try Ebay for the Dongle - I was so mad at my quilt shop where I bought the machine - because she was MORE THAN GLAD to sell me about $1000 worth of new software because mine had become obsolete...whew - and my new PC didn't support the old husq. software any more - so, I scrounged around for an old laptop that was still running Windows 98 and I've been limping along ever since - it's a really bad deal...

princessdyb  
#86 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 8:21:19 AM(UTC)

You can get new Husqvarna software that doesn't cost you thousands - the 4D organizer I think it was - probably 5D now.  But it was around $600.  There's another one out there really cheap called Embird that I've seen...I never really played with it much, but it will convert to the right format for the D1.  You can also find software WITH the dongle being sold on eBay...just be sure it's a good seller and pay with paypal so you're protected if it doesn't work.

raggedgrandma  
#87 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:05:37 PM(UTC)

I also have the Husqvarna Viking Designer 1.  I still use the floppy disks.  As for the Dongle when you go online to Ebay also try the wording HASP key.  Also try calling the Home Office in Tennessee.  Another thought is to buy one of the Programs on Ebay such as the 3D, 4D or the new one. Also copy off what the seller is offering you to your dealer and see if they will match it. I took a copy of a sales add from the Viking Store that I had visited in Tennessee with a hand written quote of what the Designer SE would be.  I took it in to my dealer to see if they would match it and they would not.  It was a $1629.00 difference in price.  I do have family in TN and when I had a recent problem with my machine I told the dealer in my area that if he could not fix it, then that would give me an excuse to drive 1200 miles to see my daugter in TN. They fixed it within minutes and only charged me $5.00

judilee3  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:05:02 AM(UTC)

I also have the Husqvarna Designer 1 Embroidery Sostware nd I have everything in the 3D format, I have not even learned all the books, digitilizing, picture writing etc.  I became very ill and have not been able to sew for many years, but I have all this money invested in it, I was so mad about all the upgrades and changes in machines now.  When I purchased the machine, I did so, because of their policy of free upgrades.  What a surprise, they created new machines  I still have the floppy and do not care to invest any more money in them as I don't know how long I will I will be able to sew.  My old laptop crashed with the XP on it, and I had to get a new one, my daughter was able to put XP on it, but I had to buy a portable plug in floppy disc drive. 

I am so frusterated with Husqvarna, as I do not feel they were totally honest about all the changes.  So I do need all the help I can get, I was so happy to find this forum.  Thank You all for listening, I appreciate any help anyone may be able to provide.

Judy

judiconley3@att.net

fayeflood  
#89 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:52:17 PM(UTC)

[quote user="iluvsheepies"]

Hi Everyone,

I have had my D1 since 2002, had it converted to the USB no problems and it just keeps chugging along.  Last year I bought the SE and love it as well.  my only complaint about it is that at speed it vibrates more than the D1.  I use the 4D software but also have a copy of 3D with the upgrades that I got with my D1 including the Dongle- if anyone is interested in the 3D contact me off list... 

I [quote user="iluvsheepies"]

Hi Everyone,

I have had my D1 since 2002, had it converted to the USB no problems and it just keeps chugging along.  Last year I bought the SE and love it as well.  my only complaint about it is that at speed it vibrates more than the D1.  I use the 4D software but also have a copy of 3D with the upgrades that I got with my D1 including the Dongle- if anyone is interested in the 3D contact me off list... 

I would like to try a diamond but I love the machines I have and cannot justify spending more.  ( I probably shouldn't have gotten the SE)  I was making my daughters wedding dress and I needed a machine to embroider while I was sewing...worked great and I still use both at times.  it is nice to be able to embroider 2 items at once when you have a lot to do for the holidays!

would like to try a diamond but I love the machines I have and cannot justify spending more.  ( I probably shouldn't have gotten the SE)  I was making my daughters wedding dress and I needed a machine to embroider while I was sewing...worked great and I still use both at times.  it is nice to be able to embroider 2 items at once when you have a lot to do for the holidays!

Hi Gayle,

I recently purchased a Designer SE Limited edition. I was able to sell my D2 to a very nice lady who would like to be able to download designs from the web I have 3D software and it does what I want it to so I really don't want to spend any more money. I have given her the reader/writer but she cannot acess it with out the dongle. If I give her the dongle I can't use the software. They are no longer making 3D or dongles. She is so interested and I would like to help her if I could. She has 5 boys and really cannot afford to invest a lot of money I called my dealer yesterday and she suggested 5D with a price tag of $1000. Out of the question. This is the first time I have ever sent an e-mail through this source and am not even sure how I will get the reply. I will try and leave my address and perhaps you could reply directly to me.     jfflood@sympatico.ca

pattiann  
#90 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:39:33 PM(UTC)

Do to the likelihood of spam, posting personal email addresses is discouraged by this site.

You can send personal emails by clicking on the screen name above the individual's avatar and then select send email.