Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
dbcorunna  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:18:04 PM(UTC)

Hi JoAnn

I'm not sure what machine you are using, but if it is the Designer 1 floppy you can use the 4d Embroidery extra and you send your design to the software and bring it into the hoop.  From there you send it to the floppy by a feature called "Send 1" or "Send 2".  This is set up by you for your machine when you load the 4d Embroidery Extra into your computer.  Find a Husqvarna Dealer by going to husqvarnaviking.com and they should all give you software classes free of charge.  It really isn't as hard as it looks once you take some classes or read the instructions that come with it.

dbcorunna  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:21:32 PM(UTC)

Hi Angie

That price is correct and it is worth every penny.  There is a wizard in the program that walks you thru a lot.  But you can change designs and add fonts.  The fonts come with the program and there are alot to choose from.  Ask the Viking dealer if he gives lessons to get you started.

Shirley

dbcorunna  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:30:20 PM(UTC)

Hi Lu

I manage a dealership for Viking in Burton, Michigan and they are running a special for trading in any other Viking and getting the Diamond for 5999.00.  Check into another dealer, go to husqvarnaviking.com and go to "Find Dealer" and work with another dealer that will give you a better price than 11,000.00 that's a rip.

Shirley

dbcorunna  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:48:56 PM(UTC)

Hi Martha,  I don't like the picture stitch because it is blurry unless you put in a perfect picture do alot of cleaning up etc.  I purchased the 4D Family Portrait as an add on to the 4D Software or there is a stand alone that works a lot better.  Go to your Viking dealer and check it out.

Shirley

marthaeddings  
#65 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:34:38 AM(UTC)

Hi Shirley, yes I already know about the picturestitch.  I was very dissapointed because it doesn't work that well but the rest of the program works great I purchased the 3D used and got alot of extras but I did purchase it because mainly because I was interested in the picturestitch and it works with my Pfaff.  Next time I purchase something I will talk to the ladies at Quality Sewing they are so helpful and she showed me some things that I didn't know that my program could do ....I wanted to cry I was so happy.  I definetly need to sign up for classes however i have the 3D primer and that is very helpful because it walks you through step by step but there is nothing like one on one.  I will eventually upgrade (i'm sure) but right now I have to make use of (and learn) the program I have now.  Thank you all for your replys.

Martha

ev5695  
#66 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:13:18 PM(UTC)

Hi Kathy,  I know this message is a bit late, but 3 D Embroidery and 4 D Embroidery both work with Vista.

You will need to upload a patch file at the Husqvarna Site and it will work awesome.   I have had no problems

with Vista.   Hope this helps you. 

Evelyn

esequia  
#67 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:09:49 PM(UTC)

Hi Marlene,

I am so glad to hear that there is someone that could help me. I have Designer 1, I just purchased 4D I am having trouble opening the saved designs from my computer (saved on a disk) on my Designer 1 I have window XP.  I dont know what to do. Could you help me? I have spent several hours trying to fiqure this out. I would appreciate your knowledge. Thank you for your time.

Desperatly seekiing answers

designerlady  
#68 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2009 2:57:25 AM(UTC)

Hi Esequia,  You will love the 4d. If I am to understand, you have floppies that you want to put in your 4D program. When On your 4D emb. toolbar you will see accessories. Click on the v and you will see a few options. You need to click on 4D DiskManager  USB. Then the screen will open up for you to choose what you want to do. Then insert your floppy into your computer and click on the blue floppy icon. It will then read your disk. If you want to save whai is on your disk to your computer, click on the mult-save icon to the left, mine is next to the printer icon. When you click on that, a small window will open asking where you want to save these designs.

Hope this helps,  Marlene

ladyhawke01  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:40:10 AM(UTC)

I have the D-1 and my disk reader has stopped reading the design disk.  I have been checking into repairs.  I was told that a new disk drive is not available and my best bet is to upgrade to the USB.  I was told the cost from Husqvarna is $799.95 and I would also pay around $200.00 to $250.00 shipping to have this done. This dealer then went on to suggest that I buy a new machine.   I am confused and distrusting too.  I had another repair shop tell me they could get the disk drive for $175.00, which seems a little pricey to me too.  Has  anyone else had to replace their disk drive?  My machine is about five yrs old.  Thanks to all

kbalzer332  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:31:27 AM(UTC)

I have no solutions, but I would think having it fixed would be the better solution in this economy. Let us know what you decide.

Oh, wow, now I could have something to worry about on my Designer 1.  Hope I don't need to go thru what you are going thru.  Good luck!

cangie  
#71 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:35:28 AM(UTC)

I just had this done last year to my 8 (?) year old machine.  I was also quoted $175 to replace the disk drive, plus labor and it ended up being right around $200 to fix.  Yes, it's is definitely pricey - but that's how these machines are - pricey to fix.  I researched it and was going to upgrade to the USB and was advised not to.  They had some problems with the upgrade working properly - sorry I don't remember specifics, plus it was much more expensive.  Mine works fine now.  Good luck!

designerlady  
#72 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:19:19 AM(UTC)

Hi ladyhawke01, Where have you been checking for repairs?  You should go directly to a Husqvarna Viking dealer. If your machine is only 5 years old, it should still be under waranty. Viking has a 20 year waranty on the D-1. In fact it is the same for all vikings. If this was a Viking dealer telling you this, you should definately notify Husqvarna Viking. Just go to their website and you will find an addy to send an e-mail. I do hope that you registered your D-1 when you purchased it. They will have your record and will notify the Husqvarna Dealer that is is under waranty. Is this the dealer you purchased your machine from. If so, they should also have a record of your purchase. I have a D-1 that I purchased in Oct. of 2000 and my drive is fine. You can have it converted to the USB, but I have heard a lot of negative remarks about that. You should not have to pay shipping charges like that. Most dealers have a local Viking repairman. You should also have a copy of the waranty with the date of sale on it.

Marlene

sewnpax  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:22:18 AM(UTC)

A different approach to embroidery software and hardware upgrades might be... Ask yourself what computer hardware and operating system were you previously using that worked and go back to that.  I recently bought a new laptop w/latest Windows operating system.  It has no floppy drive and VIP embroidery software wasn't compatible.  I'm keeping my older laptop just so I can continue to use my D1/floppy and VIP embroidery system, and not incur those "very" expensive embroidery hardware or software upgrades.  If you no longer have the computer that worked...consider spending $50 or so on ebay and get an older system that resembles what previously worked for you...better yet, get a cast off for "free" from someone in your circle of friends/family.

pamgram  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 2:52:24 PM(UTC)

Sew What is a great software to convert and format for the d1 machine. I love it. Its sold by S and S computing.More afordable than the 3d software. i have a deisgner 1 and a brother ULT3 and pe design software  but I really like the sew what software. try it with the trial version

designerlady  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:54:44 AM(UTC)

Hi Ladies, Are you aware that Viking now has the 5D software? I just had a class with Tim Frost and it is a wonderful upgrade. If you already own the 4D embroidery then you just upgrade to the 5D. You don't turn in the old dongle, it works on the 5D and you still have everything in the 4D. However, this is not a free upgrade, but cheaper than going from 3D to 4D. I really like what the 5D does and I am definately going to upgrade, but will wait til my dealer runs it discounted. When I got my 4D, it was discounted 20%, so I can wait a little longer to purchase it.

Marlene

1herosmom  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:16:37 AM(UTC)

Well, I hope I'm doing this right...I've been researching embroidery machines and this site has caught my eye more than once. Your information appears to be very helpful to all the gals writing in. I'm having a hard time deciding which machine to get. I keep seeing, on Ebay, the Designer 1 and the Platinum. These 2 seem to be the ones being traded the most. So I guess my 1st question is, which one is chronologically newer and do you gals have a preference? Looks to me like the Designer 1 is very popular???

Thanks so much for your input.

Paula

pattiann  
#77 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:15:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Can't help you on the Husqvarna/Viking array - confuses me too!

I go by the "best dealer" rule.  That is how I purchased by Babylock and it is a fantastic brand.

Visit the dealers and test drive the different models.  Ask questions and note how helpful, knowledgeable and friendly the staff and dealer are.

If they do not rush you, try to lead to toward the most expensive model and answer your questions without hesitation, then they get a gold star.

Take notes, then buy the machine you like the best from the dealer you like the best.

pat71896  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:13:00 AM(UTC)

Pattiann is on target as usual (yawn. . . )Smile

The only thing I would add is to discourage you from buying from Ebay.  There are several reasons why, the number one reason is that they are unlikely to be supportive to you to learn and assist you through your new journey.

Having a technician in your area is vital.  Having a good dealer available means the difference between frustration and good support.  Getting into lessons and/or an embroidery group is important.  And just maybe, the Ebay machine is a refurbished machine.  I am not against refurbished machines, but I personally have had bad experiences in those cases where I got a 'reconditioned' machine. 

It is interesting that you find that there are 2 that seem to be 'traded' most.  We all (most all) trade up, but I traded one of my machines because it was a lemon/money pit.  If you are seeing that machine being offered a lot, you may want to think more than once about it.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

designerlady  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:01:04 PM(UTC)

Hi Paula, I own the Designer 1 and the Diamond. I have had my D1 for 10 yrs. and my Diamond for 1 yr. They are both great machines. the Platinum is newer than the D1. Viking now considers the D1 an old machine and no longer gives any upgrades. In my opinion the D1 is one of the best that Viking made. I would be hesitant to purchase a machine on Ebay, because I have a viking dealer local. If you have a viking dealer in your area, Ask them if they have any D1's available. The D1 was viking's top of the line machine for about 5 years. the Platinum was never considered top of the line. Now the Diamond is top of the line. If you are really interested in purchasing from ebay, make sure you ask a lot of questions about the machine. Does it take floppies or usb. Are they including software with it. etc.  Just be careful. If the sale includes viking software, you must have a dongle with it.Without a dongle, you will not be able to use the software. Ask what hoops are included and also the feet. Take a look at www.husqvarnaviking.com

You should be able to get more info there.

Good Luck,  Marlene

reaperslittlegirl  
#80 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 8:44:02 AM(UTC)

I have a bigger problem than that...I think.  I got a new computer and laptop last year...and when I went to install my software that I paid $3000 for back in 2001, I can't get it to install.  It says it's missing this or that.  I don't know what it's talking about.  I got the pro, so I had picture stitch, customizing, resize plus, digitizing, stitch editor, disc reader/writer, etc...all of it.  Now I have NO software for my embroidery machine (designer 1) on either of my computers.  I don't know how the disc could have went bad...I wonder if it is my OS on my computer that can't read it because it is so old?  What do I do now?

Tammi A