Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
kbalzer332  
#41 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2008 6:01:00 AM(UTC)

Maarlene

I bought the 3-d software and it does not work with Vista.  The company told me it was not compatable, but I kept trying.  Finally, I ended selling it on ebay for less than I paid for it.  I have not tried 4-D whic is supposed to be compatable with Vista.

Kathy

pat71896  
#42 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2008 8:33:33 AM(UTC)

Do check with your software provider regarding compatibility issues.  Things change frequently.  What did not have a workable yesterday may work today.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer 

ly2331  
#43 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2008 8:41:51 AM(UTC)

Jaz, you are mis quoting.. Desinger 1 screen -IS- in color, mine has always been in color and it's 6 years old...  I don't seem to have a problem with 12 colors... how many different shades of one color must you distiguish from??

There is nothing wrong with putting floppies into our machines VS dragging a computer around trying to set it up and plugging it into your machine taking up valuble space if you are limited like me.  I have thought about updating to the SE BUT hey, my machine is working just fine, my software and computer have been playing nice there is NO reason to change.

I will also warn anyone about buying someone else's 3-D software from Viking... this comes straight from one of the largest dealers in the US.  You can not .. I will repeate you CAN NOT re-register this into your name.  Therefore you Can NOT get the updates that you need to update the outdated program so it runs smoothly..   IF you know the person that you bought it from make sure you get their name and email so you can go onto the hus. website using their info ...otherwise you will NOT have access to it. IF you are already in the system with something other than the 3-D you might be able to download 7.25 which is the last download Viking put out.  After Dec, 2008 there will be NO support for 3-D you will be on your own to figure out problems unless you have a supper dealer and they work with you.. 

To reach the 3D software updates you have to login to the website, click on 4D software then when that opens scroll down to Help and Updates, this is all on the left side of the screen, once that window opens up you can then click on 3D Emb. Sys.

Like I've said before,,, if is AIN"T broke don't try and fix it.. Unless you are rolling in the dough and buying a new machine and software is like buying a candy bar from Wal-marts..

lynn

dinkfla  
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2008 10:00:52 AM(UTC)

Just my two cents worth here.  I have 4D and I love it.  I had 3D and was able to use it with Vista but now I have the Diamond and got the 4D extra at the same time so got a good price.

If you go to the Viking site there is a place that helps you use 3D  with Vista but I can't remember exactly now what it was.  Just keep trying, it does work.

Also, I have heard from reliable sources not to get the USB but keep using floppy. Lots of problems with the USB.

kevinmurphy359@comcast.net  
#45 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2008 11:12:17 AM(UTC)

I live in Springfield, Pa.  And the Viking dealers in the Joanne Fabrics store in Springfield are the absolute best !!!! I'm pretty sure theirs is $9,000. I have a Designer 1 and 4D pro and I absolutely love it !!!! You can do the financing and put down the amount you can afford up front and then finance the rest ( with 6 months free).  I have always bought someone elses trade ins and have always been very happy. I have a Rose, a D1, a serger and a felting machine from Husqvarna and I love them all.  They give you tons of support, free classes and lots of clubs.  The jobs I do for other people have already paid for my machine and software.  Good Luck to you !

Michele

grandmabetty  
#46 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 5:01:49 AM(UTC)

Sorry I can't help you but I was wondering if the Buzz Tools software you have convert hus formats to shv formats?

If so could you tell what verson it is. I bought a used Designer one and I need to convert my hus format designs to shv format would it be able to do that?

Betty

ly2331  
#47 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 10:16:03 PM(UTC)

Hi Betty, Buz tools will convert from hus to shv... if you don't have it don't get it..  UNTIL you've tried it.  You can download it for 30days and try it.  You can also try Embird as well before you buy.  Both will convert designs from PES to SHV.. You need something that will also write to a disk for you IF you haven't converted your Designer 1 to USB... I'm not voting for that option.

Good luck.. D1's are GOOD machines and don't let anyone tell you differently.. HA

lynn

marthaeddings  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:53:59 PM(UTC)

Hello Malene, I was reading posts trying to find out some information about picturestitch I have the 3D Husqvarna software I was trying to get a blanket made for my mother-in-law with the pictures on it.  So my question is I went through the picture stitch exercises and when I click on 3D create stitches the picture comes up but I can't see any facial details just the outline I tried playing with the contrast and various things like resizing picture but still not much difference.  Can you please help me?? I have almost no time left and we will be traveling to my mother-in-laws for Christmas.  I hope you get this post soon.  Please Help.  Thank you. or if anyone else who can help.  Thank you

Martha

designerlady  
#49 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:31:14 AM(UTC)

Hi Martha, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 3D does not do good picture stitch. I have heard that 4D is better, but I don't count on it. I think the original black and white from years back did a better job. Did you stitch it out? Sometimes it stitches better than it looks on the computer. I would not re-size after you create it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Marlene

ev5695  
#50 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:30:10 AM(UTC)

HI Marlene.  I have a Designer II and this machine has been discontinued not the Designer I.  I have no problems, but I did upgrade my software from 3D to 4D Embroidery Plus.  I am still able to download designs with no problem. I do have Vista on my computer and had some glitches but Husqvarna has a site to address Vista with an upgrade.  There is a deal currently with Husqvarna, where you can return your dongle from 3D Embroidery and purchase the 4D Embroidery Software with a $250? rebate.  The cost runs down to $500.  Still too expensive for my taste. This offer is only until the end of this month (December).   Thanks for the hint on using dental floss to clean the tension disc. 

Evelyn

hal505  
#51 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:04:28 AM(UTC)

I have the same problem ! but I can't even install the software - how were you able to do it?

I pretty discouraged about this!

ly2331  
#52 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:41:07 AM(UTC)

If you are trying to re-download your 3D software, you have to have the patch and upgrades and then it will finish downloading.  Go online to the husq. web site click on 4D and then there should be a link for 3D updates, install those and then things should fall into place.  Make sure you make a backup disc and SAVE the upgrades in case this happens again.  I have no problem with my 3D and did NOT upgrade.  IF you don't use it to the full potential there's no use adding more things at a price NOT to use them..

lynn

fletchs  
#53 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 1:52:33 PM(UTC)

How did you convert your floppy Designer 1 to USB?  I was out of the loop for a while and missed the boat on changing over/upgrading.  Thanks!

Shelly

onescooby  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:23:23 AM(UTC)

Hi Angie,

You could try going to the Husqvarna-Viking web site and downloading the update program to your computer desktop. Then from the desktop, you could transfer it to whatever floppy disk your machine uses and insert the floppy to update the machine. I am not sure this will work but it is worth a try.

Denise

diplotek  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:51:00 AM(UTC)

Is there any affordable software other than Viking Customizing can convert .hus to .shv and create the proper directory structure on a diskette? 

mare120  
#56 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:10:14 AM(UTC)

[quote user="Diplotek"]

Is there any affordable software other than Viking Customizing can convert .hus to .shv and create the proper directory structure on a diskette? 

S + S Computing sells software called SewWhat Pro for $65.00 that will convert all formats to a SHV floppy.  They have a 30 day trial so you can test it out.  They also sell software called SewArt for $75.00 that is for digitizing.  Both are excellent programs and have teriffic support from the owners.

designerlady  
#57 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:47:16 AM(UTC)

How did you convert your floppy Designer 1 to USB?  I was out of the loop for a while and missed the boat on changing over/upgrading.  Thanks!

Shelly

Hi Shelly, I did not convert from floppy disk to USB. I did not want anyone fooling around with the computer inside my Designer 1. I don't know if Viking still does it, but you could easily find out by asking your dealer. I know the cost was $500.00 to do this. I feel that my machine does a great job with the floppies and I wasn't taking any chances. I will agree that it is easier to have the USB then all the floppies. I may have made a mistake not converting. Sometimes I wish I had taken the chance and had it done. Then I wouldn't have boxes and boxes of floppies around. One day, I am going to put them all on a USB and erace all the floppies and only put a design on when I want to stitch it out. 
Marlene
jutka  
#58 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:36:01 AM(UTC)

About two years ago now I just took D1 to local dealer and asked for USB conversion.  Was expensive.   600 dollars

Sadly we no longer have a dealer whithin 80 miles so checkup and repairs are hard to take care of. Viking does not answer questions.

Just continues to send you to local dealer.

I am disappointed in Viking service.  USB at times will not recognize my sticks and will give error message yet after three of four or more tries will 

work just fine.    Love Embird

Jutka   

dsalling  
#59 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:44:53 AM(UTC)

I replied to someone else about purchasing Embird software. My 3D doesn't work either and Embird is much cheaper than 4D

Mary

dbcorunna  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:11:26 PM(UTC)

I am very familiar with the Designer 1.  Used to own it myself before I traded up to the Viking Designer SE and also the Viking Designer Diamond.  The 4d Embroidery Extra will work wonderful for you.  You can combine designs, change designs, add fonts to designs and it has a wizard that works great.  When you purchase it make sure your dealer gives classes on it and you won't believe what you can do with it.