Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
praytor  
#21 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2008 12:32:32 PM(UTC)

I have downloaded many free designs and all of a sudden they come in efw files and I can't open them in my machine which is PES.  I have no problem downloading them to my computer, but, when I put them into my Brother Innovis 4000D they are never there.  HELP!!!!

knitty99  
#22 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 10:07:21 AM(UTC)

When I download a free design it is in a " .efw " file not a zip file and my windows xp will not recognize it.

has anyone had this problem and if so how do I fix it?

Thanks

Jan

coco901  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:08:14 AM(UTC)

My downloaded files come as EFW files.  How do I get them in PES format?

marge

pat71896  
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 3:43:49 AM(UTC)

What is the file you downloaded?

Pt

aliciakr69  
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:54:38 AM(UTC)

I had to go to the top click on the Tools then Folder options, then View, then Advanced settings, uncheck Hide extension for knowing file types, then Apply.  then go to your download and rename.  name.zip put .zip after each name you put.

nan719  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 2:02:10 AM(UTC)

I can,t seem to unzip the files and dransfer them.

pattiann  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 5:07:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

When you click on the zipped file icon, Vista will prompt, extract all.

Click on that and the zipped file will be opened and copied to a new file with the same name as the zipped file but with the format extension.

If the format extension is not the one you need for your EM, download Pulse Ambassador and open the design and save in the format of your choice.

http://www.pulsemicro.com/ambassadordownload

pattiann  
#28 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 5:17:15 AM(UTC)

Click on the tag at the bottom of this message.

quiltingmama0841  
#29 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 1:05:33 AM(UTC)

how do i retrieve the free files from vista?

quiltingmama0841  
#30 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 1:06:57 AM(UTC)

how do unzipp with vista?

pattiann  
#31 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 10:53:30 AM(UTC)

When you saved them they went into a file.  Search your documents to see if you can find them.

It is best to create a file in documents and name it Embroidery or something you can recognize.

When you download, your PC's operating system (Vista in this case) will prompt you to select a file.  Browse and find the file that you created.  The next time you download, this file location may come up and you will not need to browse.

pattiann  
#32 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 10:55:14 AM(UTC)

Back up about five posts and read the instructions for unzipping files in vista.

letscolor  
#33 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2009 7:46:15 AM(UTC)

what is the process you use? would you mind detailing it. I became a club member just so I could download the designs. & I have not been able to . Can you help please.

Rosanna

Colorado

haileysgrand  
#34 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 8:06:23 AM(UTC)

[quote user="marmadeline"]

I have been able to download PES designs onto my computer, but cannot unzip them in Windows Vista.  I have tried everything imaginable, but no luck so far.  I have read where someone has used WinZip successfully and others who tried it and had no luck.  Help !!

pattiann  
#35 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 8:27:39 AM(UTC)

Are you asking how to unzip in Vista?  Highlight the zipped file and right click.  Choose "extract all".

jmchenry50  
#36 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 12:24:21 AM(UTC)

[quote user="ahayes1490"]

When I click 'download' on the free designs, I have no idea where they are stored on my computer. The message just says they are finished. It does not ask me for a file to store them in, or tell me where they are. ???

pattiann  
#37 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 12:36:58 AM(UTC)

You have to create a file for storing downloads.  When you are prompted to save or open, save to the file that you created.

pat71896  
#38 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 10:18:11 AM(UTC)

jmchenry50 - You may have clicked too many times when you did your download. 

Just single click on the design, and then single click on the download.  Then it will ask if you want to open or save.  I usually save mine first, and then open it but that is just a personal preference.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

katlew09  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:10:24 PM(UTC)

I have CA (Computer Associates) Security System on my computer.  To download (Windows XP) I have to go into CA Associates (right click) and disable the Firewall.  Then this is the procedure I follow to download into 3-D Embroidery Suite (or whatever embroidery system you use). 

(1)  Click on design.  Then click on "file download".  When window comes up to Open, Save, or Cancel -- click on Open.

(2)  Zip file (top left on blue bar) appears.  On left in shaded area, click on "Extract all Files."  (If more than one, Edit, Select All, first). 

(3)  Extraction Wizard appears.  Click Next, Next, Finish.  Wait for zipped file to change to .PES file (up to 10 seconds).  (Open file on top left of blue bar.)  Right click on .PES file (select all if more than one, first).  In blue shaded area on left click on move this file (or selected files).  (You can rename first if desired.) 

(4)  Move Items folder appears.  Follow instructions to make new folder if needed.  After the first download, this window will automatically open up to where you moved the previous file.  I have a folder under 3-D Embroidery, My Designs, AnntheGram. 

(5)  Design will now be gone from the file with the open folder on top left of blue bar.  X out of both files.  You are now back at website.  Back arrow if necessary to reach next design. 

(6)  When you are finished -- Turn Firewall back on.  (You can try this procedure without turning off the firewall if you have a different security system from CA.)    Be sure to OPEN rather than SAVE in the file download window or you will not be able to unzip files--See Step 1 above .  I downloaded 80 designs and was not able to open any of them before I found this system.

katlew09  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:26:46 PM(UTC)

I have CA Security Systems and was unable to download zipped files.  I had to turn off my firewall first.  Then I had to open the design into a zip folder where I extracted it, changing it into a .PES file, and then moving it into the correct destination.  I have tried to post the directions but keep getting rejected.  If anyone wants step=by-step directions, please reply.