Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
marmadeline  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 11:43:30 AM(UTC)

I have been able to download PES designs onto my computer, but cannot unzip them in Windows Vista.  I have tried everything imaginable, but no luck so far.  I have read where someone has used WinZip successfully and others who tried it and had no luck.  Help !!

ahayes1490  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:46:16 AM(UTC)

When I click 'download' on the free designs, I have no idea where they are stored on my computer. The message just says they are finished. It does not ask me for a file to store them in, or tell me where they are. ???

swanson1227  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:32:37 AM(UTC)

When my files download to my computer, they come up in a window that asks if I want to open them now- it doesn't call it unzip, and I can't think off-hand what they call it, but once I said yes, and it did unzip the file.  Once I said no, and couldn't find the file- until I went back and downloaded more files and there it was!  If you go to "search" and look up the file name, it should bring up the file and offer the option you need.  I just looked mine up, but since they are now all unzipped it wouldn't offer the term you need.  
swanson1227  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:49:03 AM(UTC)

extracting

I just went through the process.

1.  Download the file.

2.  When it asks if you would like to open the file, click yes. 

a.  A box will open, which also looks like the "search" results box I recommended to you before. 

3.  click on file & also click on your embroidery design name to highlight it.

4.  choose "Extract all"

I'm not sure if you can go to "search" and have "Extract" show up as an option if the files are still zipped.  You can try that first, but you don't need to download the files again, because they are on your computer. 

tottiemuffin  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 12:52:19 AM(UTC)

I also have window vista, I use winzip to unzip them I  have had no problem with any files so far.

fluffy  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 6:39:45 AM(UTC)

Do you have ........what type of swewing machine.........I need jeff designs that the type of machine janome 10001

fluffy  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 6:40:37 AM(UTC)

It still want work?

pat71896  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 1:16:30 PM(UTC)

What sort of message are your getting?  Be exact if possible.

Be sure you select (we never say "hit" - that is for football players) "Open" NOT "Save."  The reason is that 'save' just places it in a temporary download file that is usually difficult to find.  If you say 'open', it asks all the right questions and should help you get your files where you want them.

Incidently, I just got Catalog Xpress, and I cannot believe it, I am getting organized (don't tell anyone, it will be our little secret).  LOL

Pat

tottiemuffin  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 6:37:41 PM(UTC)

I have janome350e so it is jef files I use

fluffy  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 4:02:35 AM(UTC)

So are you saying that you can chanfe the design to jef and if so how do you do it.  It just work with mine.

lriggs6  
#11 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 2:13:35 AM(UTC)

I downloaded some of the free designs but I cannot open them.  I have Vista OS.  Can someone help, please.

Lois

swanson1227  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 11:10:08 PM(UTC)

I have a reader/writer box, some people can do that with a program which works between the computer and embroidery machine. With that said, I pick my file type (mine is .sew) and it converts it. I don't know if you have a reader/writer capability. Does that help? But, that conversion isn't part of unzipping the file. I unzip the file, then when i do to write my card it converts it then.

Sarah

atgadmin  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:11:29 AM(UTC)

The "EFW" extension is caused by some firewalls, we have seen in the past that Computer Associates (CA) Security center has this problem if your using this brand of security software , you can rename the file EFW back to ZIP and you should then be able to unzip it. To rename the file, right click on it and select Rename. Change the name to the name of the design and add .ZIP to the end. Here is a link to some additional information about the EWF format.

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/efw

Best Regards

Annthegran.com Support

dee102556  
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:35:49 AM(UTC)

I am having problems downloading designs everytime i try it saves in a .efw Document file. It only does this on this site. Help what can I do to fix this and get my designs to download and unzip Thanks Dee

conover  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 6:55:43 AM(UTC)

Hi.  I can't open the efw files, and was just wondering what program I need to open these files. Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

rmapparel  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:01:50 AM(UTC)

I CAN NOT UNZIP THE FILE AFTER DOWNLOANDING.  HOW DO I UNZIP THE FILE TO OPEN INTO PULSE

brem9283  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:57:25 AM(UTC)

I'm also ahving a problem downloading.  The file extension is "EFW" even tho I wanted HUS.  Can you help??

pat71896  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:57:24 AM(UTC)

What is the Computer Operating System you are using?  Windows?  Mac?   How old is your system?

The newer systems, and I believe Windows XP does this, will unzip a file when you double click on the file.  Some systems are different, so you need to do some snooping around.

Place your mouse on the zip document and "Right" Click your mouse.  You will see a list of commonly used functions which include 'copy' or 'properties' and you may have one that says 'extract all'  Select that with a left click of your mouse and follow through with selecting and moving your file to where you want it to reside.   If you leave it where it is, you have to find it again, which can be frustrating.

I am unfamiliar with Pulse, but you would have your document ready at this point for use with your Pulse Software.

I hope this helps.  Pat

pat71896  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:04:03 AM(UTC)

As near as I can determine, EFW appears to be a type of ZIP file. 

Try emailing Support@annthegran.com  and see if they can help you or tell you where to get help.  This is a tough one!

Pat

bgoyne  
#20 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2008 12:01:18 PM(UTC)

How do I change efw files to pes files?  Why do some files download as efw files? 

Thanks,

Billie