Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
atgadmin  
#41 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 11:05:18 PM(UTC)

Hi Nan:

We specifically made it easy to learn software With very affordable price but we also have few more fonts available for those who want to spend more to buy them.Therefore if you search our website there are more fonts to buy.

Annthegran Support 

jazee  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 7:20:37 PM(UTC)

I used Alphabet Express one time to embroider golf towels for my husbands "Big 8" group that golfs together and they turned out very nice.  I found the program easy to use.  Trouble was I lost the download when my computer crashed.  I would recommend it and plan to purchase it. JaZee

pat71896  
#43 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2008 4:36:15 AM(UTC)

I agree, Jazee, Alphabet Express is one of the easiest to use of software for fonts.

When software is easy to use, we gain valuable time.  Remember when you have struggled with any software?  How long did it take to learn and use them? 

Pat, The Avid Embriderer

kpj61853  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:22:01 PM(UTC)

I really need help with a new font I purcjased for alphabet express.  Help, please.  Thanks, Kaye

rvquilter2  
#45 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 7:42:20 AM(UTC)

I love my Alphabet Xpress. I downloaded AXpress for the free trial. It was a breeze to use and stitched out beautifully. Being a smart shopper, I looked at many lettering programs. I always ended up using my Alphabet Express to make lettering designs. It is so easy and consistent. When my free trial ran out, I waited a week or so and discovered I had to have this lettering program. Too bad I waited, I ruined a couple of projects during that time. I do wish the basic program came with more fonts, but overall well worth the price.

pat71896  
#46 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 11:14:14 AM(UTC)

I so agree!  I too have ruined some projects with problems with fonts, and AlphaXpress makes it fast, easy and error free.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

wallie4308  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 2:55:55 AM(UTC)

I recently purchased Alphabet Xpress after a 30 day trial and I thoroughly enjoy using it. As many others have stated, there should be a better variety of fonts in the starter pack. I especially like the font Spring, as I had been looking for a font with a border. I would like to know: when using "Spring", about 2 cm height, is there a way to reduce the underlay? I embroidered a word on a thinnish material and it seemed to be just too many stitches.

Thank you, Ann, for a very wonderful programm

pat71896  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 2:58:55 AM(UTC)

I so agree, AlphabetXpress is among the finest of softwares of its type.

I have no idea where you could find a method to reduce the underlay.  Some machines have an icon with a satin and elongated stitch and open scissors.  Select that icon and see if you can reduce the density.  Not all items can have their density reduced.

kt3234  
#49 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 3:50:54 AM(UTC)

I am new to all of this but I decided to try the trial of the Alphabet Xpress after trying a couple of others without much success. I find the Alphabet Xpress to be much more user friendly. The true test of course was when I stitched out my first design. It came out great! So I will definitely be buying it when my trial is up. Also the price is very reasonable for what you get. And I say to everyone out there that they should at least download the trial because you have nothing to lose! kt3234 (Karen)

pattiann  
#50 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 5:32:05 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi, Karen.

I am sure there are a lot of AX users who will gladly join you in the 'happy dance'.  Wink Yes

Pattiann

pat71896  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:59:47 AM(UTC)

I hear by the grapevine that there might be some new designs on their way . . . . .

(Anonymous)  LOL

jlittle0213  
#52 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:54:52 AM(UTC)

I am thinking about purchasing AlphaXpress do you know if I can save my file as a .pes then pick it up with PED-Basic to put on my Machine.  Or, I have the PE-700II with the USB port that I have not used as of yet, could I just get it right off the computer that way?

pat71896  
#53 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 8:12:28 AM(UTC)

JLittle-Let's try to separate your multiple issues.

First of all, AlphaX does not 'hold' files.  AlphaX creates Monograms and wording for your use with your designs.  So, you save your word creations to a place of your chosing, probably with your other designs.  PED-Basic picks up the files from the folders that hold all your designs. 

You can and it will be a simple 'copy and paste' from your PC to the USB drive (aka Thumb Drive) and put directly on to your machine.  Do not put your design into a folder, the embroidery machine cannot read folders, only digitizing formats such as pes.

Also, if you are running Vista on your PC, be sure you have downloaded the Vista software from:  http://www.brother-usa.c...;WT.cg_s=Downloads 

They actually have a warning on their site:

Software/Windows Vista® 32bit / 64bit  
Full Driver & Software Package  
When you use PED-Basic on Windows Vista®,
please follow the procedure below to install these Driver and Software program.

If you use PED-Basic on Windows Vista®, never install the programs from the CD in your package!!
To prevent a problem, please install these programs instead using the CD.

Language Version Size Release Date File

English --- --- 01/31/2007 More Information

Hope this helps you,  Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

jlittle0213  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:34:30 AM(UTC)

That sounds simple enough.  I don't have vista on the computer I use with my machine. I made a mistake when I told you that my machine had an USB connection.  It is the other way around you plug the cable into the embroidery machine then into the USB on the computer. 

Looks like I will be buying the AlphaX.  Thanks for your help.

Judy

jlittle0213  
#55 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 4:52:25 AM(UTC)

I downloaded the trial version to Alphax.  This is really great.  I loved being able to merge a picture with my text.  Up today I was having my sister do it for me because I did not have software that would do that.  Is there a way to center my designs above one another?  When I click on the center button it puts the words on top of my picture.  How about  if you have two designs and you want to make sure the bottoms are even?

borden47  
#56 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:23:58 PM(UTC)

Hello.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the trial version of the Alphabet Xpress.  

Utilize the gridwork on Alphabet Xpress to be the centering point of your designs.  Whether it be a bottom line or grid lines off to the sides.  I usually start off with my design on a grid line and work from that.  In any design work dating back prior to computers, graph paper was utilized for drawings in the engineering and drafting fields.  Let it work for you.

Alphabet Xpress is a comprehensive and fun software.

Joan

jlittle0213  
#57 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:29:48 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I worked with it some more last night and learned a lot more.  Sometimes I get in a hurry to learn things when I shouldn't   I do use the grid.   When I changed the measurements to inches the grid squares got larger.  The aliegn button had more obtions then I saw the first time, I do not know why I did not see that drop down arrow before.    I had this image that I wanted to put my grand daughters name on and in the pass I had to have my sister do it because I did not have the software to do it.  Now I can.    Now I wish there was a way that I could seperate the image so I could remove the softball that is in it because it is too small and I would like a larger one.  I don't trust myself to embroidery on top of it.

Now the only think I need to do is to learn how to get the lettering the correct size, my husband is an engineer and he is always on to me about not having every in perspective.  If I remember correctly I can only drag to change the size of my letters, or can I change them using numbers.  I'm so use to using Print Shop on the computer that I am use to making my letters by point size.

Do you know about the pes v6 or the pes?  When I went to save my image it gave me both options so I chose just the pes.  I am using PED-Basic.  The others are just way to expensive to buy right now.

borden47  
#58 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 3:37:02 AM(UTC)

Hello.

Glad you had more "playing" time with Alphabet Xpress.

I understand what you are saying about removing the image to replace with another size.  Unfortunately, cannot be done there. 

Engineers.......................  My husband is an artist but fortunately for me, I have a better eye than he does!!  The sizing and proper perspective will come as you get more acquainted with the software and judging with your embroidery designs.  None of this comes into being overnight.  It takes practice.  If you decide to purchase the Alphabet Xpress, there is a complete manual that can be printed out and therefore, giving more explicit instructions.

"PES V6" is PE-Design, Version 6.  I own two Brother machines.  One is an Innov-is 4000D which utilizes the PE-Design, Version 6 and the other machine is a PE-400D which utilizes the PED-Basic.  So you do need to save your image as PES for the PED-Basic which you own.

Continue exploring your Alphabet Xpress trial.

Joan

pat71896  
#59 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 5:48:11 AM(UTC)

JLittle0213-You make an interesting point, we often want to have our software (and other things) work within a few minutes. 

We end up with frustration because it takes - well, it takes what it takes!

I am doing a tutorial right now and I plan to have two ways to learn.  The first will be a quick and easy method of getting something done and the second will go into the details you need to know to really use the software to its highest usage.

That is a real problem because so many of us have learned computers by just sitting down and pressing keys.  The problem with that is "you don't know what you don't know!"  I taught adult learners Microsoft applications like Word and Excel and you would be surprised at what coming to a 4 hour class did to change people's work load.  Often people did things the 'hard way' because that is what they figured out.  My first rule is to 'let the computer do the work' because you have enough to think about.

Take time to learn and your software will reward you every time.

PS:  There are new fonts for Alphabet Xpress and on sale!  Buy two and get the 3rd free!   Click on the Home Page and on the right side below the top, see the link!

pattiann  
#60 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 6:25:00 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The pes 6.0 format is for machines which require a Palette 6.0 file to make use of a larger hoop (180mm x 300mm).