Fleece Neck Roll Cover with Contour Cut-Outs

Individual characters (letters, numbers and punctuation marks) from my alphabets can
be found on my Stock Design Page.  My designs are also available in packs, as described in
this blog.  Those can be found here.  For designs and packs available in multiple sizes,
choose the size you want in the drop down menu box.

I like quick.

I like quick-to-stitch designs and quick-to-sew projects.  The fleece neck roll cover is quick in both regards.  I used the larger size of Contour Cut-Outs and the design still only took 20 minutes to stitch.  The cover took about the same amount of time to make, once the embroidery was done.  It would have taken even less time, but I stopped to take photographs for the lesson available here.  A fabric that ravels would require a little more time for seam finishing.

finished neck roll

Did I surprise you by not using variegated thread?  I instead chose the copper color thread because I thought it would look very nice on the cream colored fleece.  The fleece was not very plush so it needed the high contrast thread for a striking look.

close up of embroidery

I recently bought some Badgemaster soluble stabilizer and decided to try it for this project.  It worked fine.  I trimmed the stabilizer close to the stitching.  The remainder will wash out in the laundry.

You will need:

1. Contour Cut-Outs Alphabets
2. 60” wide fleece:  1/3 yard.
3. Pattern tracing material:  11” x 25” piece.
4. 14” x 6” diameter neck bolster pillow form.
5. Thread.
6. Embroidery thread.
7. Soluble or Cutaway Stabilizer

neck roll package

Have fun with this project.  It is so quick that you'll want to make neck roll covers for everyone on your gift list.  Stock up on the bolster pillow forms during 50% sales and your gifts will be complete.

Comments (3) -

Fun project.  Is there a particular place to buy the pillow inserts?

Larue

pbebee,

I know you meant to write something but it appeared as a dotted line.  Can you please post again?

Thanks, LaRue.

You can find the pillow inserts at fabric stores.  I didn't see that shape the last time I went to Walmart, but my store may have been out of them.

A rolled up batting can also work, if you can't find the bolster.  I would recommend making an inner cover so the outer cover can be easily removed for laundering.

Carol