Notification

Icon
Error

Options
connieprince  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2008 2:01:56 AM(UTC)

Sadly Thanksgiving day is always one of the most "over looked" holiday's in our albums.  I want to do a better job of detailing this day this year if possible so I was wondering..

What Thanksgiving page ideas have you used in the past?  Any photography tips for getting good pictures of the food (since that's all of our favorite part of the day lol)?

kristmess  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 12:04:13 PM(UTC)

This is interesting!  I'm afraid I can't help you out as I am one of those people who 'overlook' this holiday!  Not sure I've ever done a thanksgiving page really.  I'll have to be checking back here for some ideas.  Although we celebrate thanksgiving in October so it's long gone and I've to wait another 11 months before I can take some good photos from the day! 

sarahmeyer  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2008 12:43:59 AM(UTC)

My favorite Thanksgiving pictures are of my kiddo's first Thanksgivings, where they ae getting their first taste of the yummy food!

I have been taking more food pictures lately to do some recipe layouts -- for those I typically take a closeup picture on the stovetop with the above light on, and then with a flash too.

chbranch  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:57:28 AM(UTC)

Last year we spent Thanksgiving at the beach - a first for my family!  My parents and siblings drove from Chicago, IL all the way to Nags Head, NC.  I have a lovely photo of the beautifully roasted bird...  and then another of the bones and stripped carcass!  This is the first Thanksgiving I've scrapped since it was a bit unusual for us.  The kids (and my brother) actually went in the ocean.  It was great!  I love the colors of fall and like to use realistic using leaves in my layouts.  I have a paper layout of the leaves my daughter made at school one year where she wrote what she was thankful for on each one.  I think I'll do that again this year - only digi!

michellepieters  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 2:05:32 AM(UTC)

Wow that sounds nice!  Doing it in digi is an awesome idea!  How is it going?

chbranch  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 11:44:54 PM(UTC)

Well we wound up having all sorts of unfortunate incidents here over the holidays and so I didn't get to do my digital leaves :(  Maybe next year!